Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trouble with surf wake on 23 LSV

wakeboarder3780

Next time I go out I'll test with more weight. For anyone that has plumbed an under the seat sac on the port side may I ask where you put your pump? Or did you piggy back off the existing system?

Edit: I'm mainly interested in automated systems where its like the stock MLS systems. If anyone has done this let me know. Or if you have a certain bag that fits really well let me know that too. Looking for a bag to go under the port side seat on a 23 lsv. I wonder how much weight you would add even if that was filled with a custom bag, doesnt seem like there is that much room down there..

Edited by wakeboarder3780
  • 1 month later...

After having a few more people out on the boat, the difference in the wake with just 2 more people was amazing. It was much larger and had a crisp top and definite curl going. I'll get some pics up soon but I actually finally decided what I want to do for the extra surf ballast.

Instead of having lead bags and swapping them side to side like i had been doing (and only gaining like 200 lbs) I plan on installing the following:

I will install one reversible self priming pump. I will store the pump under my port side seat up against a side (wherever it fits). I am going to mod one of my cup holders to have a 3/4" hole in the bottom (just drill a hole in the bottom of it) so I can run my fill line through it. Once I do that I will put a fly high quick connect fitting on the hose. This way it can't fall through the bottom of the cup holder but I will be able to push the hose down when I'm done filling / emptying and it will just look like there is a fitting sitting in the cup holder.

I am taking out the stock chrome plate that the cd player remote is on and will be replacing it with a plate that has space to the left of the remote for one of the stock rocker switches. I will buy a stock "<- MLS" switch cover for it. This way the switches will exactly match whats on the dash and since the switch is off by itself it will be easy to remember that it's for surfing.

So basically I will pull out an empty flyhigh bag that I will store in the boat, put it on the seats, and pull the hose (which will have extra slack) up through the cup holder and connect it to the bag. Then I will hit the fill switch which will look stock and be to the left of my cd player remote. This will fill the bag. Once the bag is full I can do my surfing. When we're done I'd simply empty the bag by hitting the reverse switch and I can suck the bag down flat since it's reversible. Once empty I can fold and store the bag, and I can push the excess hose through the cup holder down to the point where it just looks like the cup holder has a loose fitting sitting in it.

What do you guys think of this system? I'll get pics up when it's done but it will be a month or so, still planning out all the parts to buy.

Edited by wakeboarder3780

You need more weight, I have 1100's that I just put on a reversable pump (the one on the right side of the pic) and a 570 under the left side seat that runs on the tsnunami that is piggy backed to the stock pump. We also have close to 500 lbs of people on that seat as well.

236.jpg

I will probably get another reversable for the 570 at somepoint, but here is the current setup. I leave it in there and just store stuff on top of it when not using the bag. I have it forward a bit, as you can see.

235.jpg

I have all my bag ballast switches just under the dash. Since I used 12 guage wire on the switches, it was easy to zip tie the switch assy in place w/o any cutting.

237-1.jpg

022-5.jpg

boatingaug292011094.jpg

boatingaug292011044.jpg

Edited by skibreeze