Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Supporting the Crew......Automatic Renewal?

w8k-brdr

Is the membership automatically renewed after a year's time? Also what happened to our money that we donated at the old site, am I to assume that it's gone with the move? Thanks.

w8k-brdr,

Memberships in TheMalibuCrew do NOT automatically renew. We will track the expiration date and will attempt to send a reminder when it is time to renew. You will have complete control over whether to contribute to the site again at that time.

TheMalibuCrew is in no way affiliated with MBO. You will need to follow up with Jason (skicrave) on WSR to find out what their policy will be regarding paid MBO memberships. I believe there is a thread going on that site that speaks to this issue. Sorry I can't be of more help there!

Best regards,

Mike

I believe if you paid through Paypal, it is categorized as a subscription and automatically renews. You can go to your Paypal account and cancel the subscription. There have been some rumblings from people who just renewed on the old site. I don't imagine they will have much luck getting it back. Its not that much cash anyway.

edit: Sorry Mike I was writing as you were posting.... My note above is in reference to the old site and Paypal. If you don't want it to renew go and cancel in your Paypal account. I did......

Edited by Rip6@36

Just to be clear :)

• Paid memberships on TheMalibuCrew.com do NOT automatically renew.
  • MalibuBoatOwners.com (no affiliation with TheMalibuCrew.com) memberships were set up as subscriptions and as such automatically renew each year. MBO is now part of WakeSideRides (WSR) and that is the appropriate place to discuss refunds of MBO memberships.

Sorry to harp on that but I want to make sure everyone knows how memberships work here.

Best regards,

Mike

Mike and Tracie and the rest of the Admins: Thanks for the clarification. That's ONE thing about the old MBO I did NOT like. Namely "automatic" payments. I never signed up for that.... I just donated when I felt compelled. I don't like automatic anything. Things change too often. I don't want the hassle of having to "UN-do" stuff.

So, I really like your "reminder" method instead.

Having said all that, it's time for me to pay up. This DOES feel like "home". My paypal has just been sent.

Thanks.

Thanks for the clarification. I just cancelled the automatic payment with PayPal. My new payment will be on its way. Thanks to all that have had a part in this site being born and maintained. It is good to have the Malibu community back up and running. Yahoo.gif

I didn't even realize it was an auto renewal with Paypal. Didn't even dawn on me I was still a Platinum but hadn't sent more $$. I think I'll go unplug that with Paypal right about NOW. Shocking.gif

The only drawback to this is that in about 11 months I'm going to have tons of reminder emails to send out. Please bear with me if someone gets missed, unfortunately the software doesn't have a way of doing this automatically.

The only drawback to this is that in about 11 months I'm going to have tons of reminder emails to send out.  Please bear with me if someone gets missed, unfortunately the software doesn't have a way of doing this automatically.

The pains of success Biggrin.gif

Tracie,

Just leave yourself a reminder to start a thread in 11 months that says something like..."If you were here around the inception of this site your paid membership is about to expire." I assume the expiration date is somewhere in the "My Controls" panel, BICBW.

It will be easy enough to remember that all of these renewals will need to start around the first week in April since that's when my birthday is. :) Actually I've got things set up in my accounting program & it won't be a problem.