Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Install In Progress And Some ?'s

cstk421

Well some updated pics. The storage compartment is 99% done and came out pretty good ! Got a lot of storage back ! As for the sub install I put in my trex and built a frame for the sub and secured it with..... yep you guessed it VELCRO ! Works great can barely get the thing out when it sticks.

and for the pics....

amprack2.th.jpg

amprack1.th.jpg

dsc04512l.th.jpg

dsc04511m.th.jpg

dsc04510m.th.jpg

dsc04503lh.th.jpg

dsc04504o.th.jpg

dsc04508jw.th.jpg

dsc04509s.th.jpg

dsc04502p.th.jpg

dsc04495lz.th.jpg

dsc04494hr.th.jpg

dsc04501tk.th.jpg

dsc04493jv.th.jpg

dsc04500s.th.jpg

dsc04499o.th.jpg

dsc04492c.th.jpg

dsc04498uz.th.jpg

dsc04497k.th.jpg

dsc04490yl.th.jpg

dsc04489m.th.jpg

dsc04496yd.th.jpg

Edited by cstk421

I know it's a little late but one thing I do when installing the wiring as close as you have it to the opening.

Before you screw the amp down have a buddy hold it upright and put the large power wires in before you mount it.

That way when your trying to fit them into the amp block your not trying to fight getting the wire to bend 90 and fit in the hole which always seems to not quite be large enough to get that mass of copper into it.

Looks great, diggin the hidden battery box. It really cleans up that compartment.

Edited by cowwboy

Claudio, excellent job it looks great. Thanks for posting up lots of pics of your project. You definitly dont have to drop $2k to have a high end custom sub enclosure on your boat. I would love to see your price list and what you think it cost you for everything when you are done.... also, approx how many hours you spent on it.

@cowboy

That's actually the procedure I used. I did however put the amps and cables on the board out of the boat and bolted it all down. Then I put the whole piece in at once. Made sure the design was removable as one piece.

@nyryan2001

I actually have a price list in excel. I'm gonna complete it soon and will def post it so everyone can use it as a reference.

Thanks

Claudio