Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

what to call this site

martho

I have been seeing lots of posts calling this site TMC.

TMC is Team Mastercraft here

We need to find a good ackronym or nickname for this site.

Tracie:

Any thought to a naming contest?

Good call martho. I have not had any thoughts about a contest, the reason being that there aren't too many combinations that we can really go with. Additionally I'd like to stay away from anything that would insinuate MBO/Malibuboatowners, that kind of thing. I'm a bit partial to TheBuCrew myself, or just The Crew but I'm unsure of the copyright/Trademark problems with that. I'm interested in what others can come up with, since I've racked my brain for weeks over this & have yet to come up with something that really "fits".

As for shortform-nicknames, I prefer just "The Crew".

HR, your "DejaBu" is brilliant. Not quite the right ring to it, but brilliant.

If we did The BuCrew, we'd have to explain how to say it. Would it be The "Bee-Yoo-Croo", or The "Boo-Croo".

Hence, I like just "The Crew". No acronyms, but an actual english word.

Also, Tracie you got this new site going. Your vote counts for about 100 other members. I don't think we need a contest. We all luv ya.... so, like the Pied Piper... whatever you say is just fine by me.

As for shortform-nicknames, I prefer just "The Crew".

Also, Tracie you got this new site going. Your vote counts for about 100 other members. I don't think we need a contest. We all luv ya.... so, like the Pied Piper... whatever you say is just fine by me.

All suggestions can be searched and found to represent another sites around the net, so I will agree with doughickey.

Does it need to be called something else?

What the founding Crew says goes with me.

The Crew

Except it's currently Trademarked:

LINK

Calling it something and using it on the site are two different things though...

Edited by chathamsolutions
The Crew

Except it's currently Trademarked:

LINK

Calling it something and using it on the site are two different things though...

They have the whole logo Trademarked, You could still do just the words and a different logo as long as it is in a different realm....

Can't use MBO?

How about OBM -- Obviously Bu's Matter.

Weak I know, but I just like the side attack on what we used to be called. Call me mean.

--OR--

MOB -- Mind Over Bu

BOM -- Boaters Of Mean$

OMB -- Oh Mali Bu!

OBM -- Outstanding Bu Mariners

BM -- Bowel Movement Oh wait, that one's for the wakeside site.

Man, I'm on a roll tonight. First WakeDad and now BuCrew. Yahoo.gif

Got the creative juices flowing...or maybe it's just the cold medicine... :(

Stealing obski's name and dropping "The" is the best that your creative juices, or any juices for that matter, can flow? Biggrin.gif

Stealing obski's name and dropping "The" is the best that your creative juices, or any juices for that matter, can flow? Biggrin.gif

1) Yeah, so?

2) You're mean.

3) You're just mad you didn't think of it.

4) Keep your mind off of my juices, buddy.

Crazy.gif

I do like RFZ though.