Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boating in your Malibu

1985Skier

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• REW

• augie09

• WoodyBC

• 1985Skier

We have the only boat on my 100 acre lake that's NOT a pontoon, so we can pretty much do whatever, whenever we want. There is never any "busy time". The best part is firing up the BU, and watching everyone come out to their docks, decks, to watch what we do next. My folks live about a half mile from the lake and they claim they can hear us. Oh what a life, we are really truely blessed.

Posing 100%.

LOL.

About a month ago, we ran into a group of people at a restaurant, and one guy was wearing a "Shrimp Sunday" t-shirt, which is a huge party on Labor Day weekend, on a sand bar up on Gull Lake (Brainerd, MN). We've been going to this every year for about 8 years now. We all got to talking, and we told him that if you see a black and red Malibu out there to stop and say hi.... We got a reaction from him that basically went "Ohhhhh, Malibu.... That's a nice boat.... Have you got any skills to back it up????" ..... LOL. I was like, " Sorta.... We hydrofoil, we're ok." At which point my wife pulls out her phone and starts showing him pictures of me, pretty much none of which even have water visible in them, just me flipping through the air. His jaw dropped, and his response was "Holy sh*t, I guess you can back it up!!" ..... It was pretty funny.

You got a coffee shop on your lake? :crazy: Why do I suddenly feel deprived?

It's actually kind of random, we live on the quiet 'fishing' side of the lake 25+ miles from any form of commercial/tourist type businesses and only one place to get gas, but there's a small town, 1,500 people, 7 miles up stream with a boat dock and water side coffee shop, diner and bakery. We board up there, snack and board back.

Slalom, board, wakeskate, foot, knee board, belly board, cruise, swim. It really depends on the day, weather, who's with and the over all mood. It used to be all about footin, but I really like the slingshot of slalom lately not to mention the freedom of wakeskating and belly boarding.

Embarrassed to say but...

50% tubing

40% wake boarding

10% surfing

Can't get the kids off the tube (3,6,8)! Try like hell to throw them off, it's a sit down model, and scare them back on to the board but no such luck.. so far.

85% Wakeboarding

10% Surfing

5% wakeskating, kneeboarding, tubing

Wakeboarding is king for us

Haven't skied in about 2 years but thinking about breaking it out soon.

Would surf more but draining, moving, and refilling sacks makes it not worth it for a quick set

Kneeboard is used to teach kids not to be afraid of being in the water.

Tube is forced upon me when the boat is full of kids, ughh.

Depends on who's boat we are on but mine is something like this.

60% wakeboarding

20% skating

15% hanging out - the girls will drink and listen to music... my buddy's, my son and I fish, as we float down the river. I actually enjoy this as much as I do wakeboarding

5% tube

I have buddies that sky ski, slalom and barefoot, its fun to go out on their boats for a change.

80% wakeboarding with a bit of skateing

20% slolom

the tube went with the I/O 2 years ago

0% cruzing

we go, we ride, we go home

we can almost always find smooth water even on Labor Day.

i would say 80 % wakeboarding, 15% cruising, 4% tubing, and 1% of the time my buddy will bust out is old wooden doubles skis with roostertails(lots of entertainment with those! ;)

We ski morning, noon and night. Hoping to ski until November 12 this season. New heater went in the garage today. Water temp should be mid to high 40's then. But there will be no tubers on the lake!!!!

We ski morning, noon and night. Hoping to ski until November 12 this season. New heater went in the garage today. Water temp should be mid to high 40's then. But there will be no tubers on the lake!!!!

Which lake are you on Oldschool?

60% wake boarding

20% skating

15% surfing

5% floating arguing with the crew as to who nailed the biggest trick (and at our age group the tricks are not that big Whistling.gif)