Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
1985Skier

Boating in your Malibu

1985Skier

Just wondering what kind of skiing or boating people do with their boat most of the time. For me, my family, friends we mostly barefoot, trick ski, slalom, and swivel ski (one wide ski with the binding having a ball bearing to make the binding swivel 360 degrees) Sometimes wake board and just go cruising. NO tubing behind a SKI boat though, that is a family rule we have! :thumbup:

water_junky

Just wondering what kind of skiing or boating people do with their boat most of the time. For me, my family, friends we mostly barefoot, trick ski, slalom, and swivel ski (one wide ski with the binding having a ball bearing to make the binding swivel 360 degrees) Sometimes wake board and just go cruising. NO tubing behind a SKI boat though, that is a family rule we have! :thumbup:

99.9% of the time we are Sky Skiing, the .1% is a tube for the 5 year old great nephew.

Terry

fredtopp

board an skate for my wife son an i an my little girl has a crack on the knee board .... we have the no tube rule as well but ive been seeing some bumps latly that are screaming to be hit with the tube so that may change soon LOL

FT

REW

Board for most of us a bit of skiiing for Wifey.

WOODSBU2

Board, Surf, And tube when water get's a little choppy.

CL-Rides

Wakeboard 85% of the time, surf 10% and going to and from the boat launch 5%

CumminsBu

85% ski, 12% wake and 3%tube.

1985Skier

Anyone else barefoot? Is it just Minnesota or do other states have dumb annoying "wally" boat traffic?

mainekneeboarder

We used to be about 50% kneeboard, 15% tube, 10% slalom ski, 10% surf, 10% cruise, 5% trying barefooting, wakeboard, skating, or just messing around. My son has gone on his own and this year was more like 80% cruise, 15% tube, 5% watersports. :cry:

Bill_AirJunky

Probably 90% SkySkiing.

9.9% swimming or booze cruizin

.1 % wakeboarding

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

MUpde

Skiing = 55%

Wakeboarding = 25%

Cruising = 10%

Tubing = 10%

TOTAL = 100% FUN no matter what the sport.....

Surfer Dude

Surfing 75%

Wakeboard 20%

Riding over to Goat Island to see the goats 5%.

The wife slalom skied until she tore her shoulder up this year.

= 110% FUN!!!!!

Steve B.

Cruise the lake first, warm up boat- 20%

Slalom sets-30%

chill, swim, stereo,party,giggle-45%

friends kids tube-5%

Steve B.

WakingMeHappy

Bottom line...as long as I'm on the water it doesn't really matter. It's all 100% fun!

martinarcher

45% wakeboarding

25% slalom skiing

15% surfing

5% kneeboarding

5% barefooting

5% double skiing

WoodyBC

I slalom ski, my boys wake board, used to tube until the little man learned how to board, and next year we intend to learn to barefoot. We only have one boat so it gets a little after dinner cruising. Anchoring with cocktails is always on the menu.

Slayer

Bottom line...as long as I'm on the water it doesn't really matter. It's all 100% fun!

+1....

If I had to break it down though, it's 90% skiing and 10% cruising.

Tyger

Surf 99% of the time....

Rest split between boarding, skating and tubing.

augie09

morning outings - 100% wakeboarding with a stop at the lake coffee shop in the middle.

afternoon outings - 50% waekeboarding, 10% ski, 30% tube for the little ones/guests, 10% cruising or swimming

skyskier

Posing 100%.

85 Barefoot

Posing 100%.

:lol:

Foatin' Doats!

Daytime- 50% Wakeboarding, 40% Surfing, 10% Swimming. Nighttime- 100% cocktails watching our wives shake their tails. :innocent: (ALWAYS with a DD of course). Seriously, we enjoy being out on the lake after sunset as much as before it sets. Spend about the same number of hours too... :whistle:

DONTW8

:plus1:

Posing 100%.

:plus1:

REW

morning outings - 100% wakeboarding with a stop at the lake coffee shop in the middle.

afternoon outings - 50% waekeboarding, 10% ski, 30% tube for the little ones/guests, 10% cruising or swimming

You got a coffee shop on your lake? :crazy: Why do I suddenly feel deprived?

cbmalibu98

We are surfing 70% of the time, tubing 15% of the time and crusing 15% of the time. :rockon:

CB