Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Left rear emptying in to right rear Balast (06vlx)

fredtopp

Hey guys last time I went out I had a drama with my drain pump in the left rear tank ... ( which I have sorted now ) but the other thing it was doing was syponing from left tank to right which it has not done befor ..

It has to be something simple

Any help would be much appreciated

Ft

If it is like my LSV, an I'm sure it is. The water isn't transferring, as they aren't connected to each other. I have found that under certain conditions that the aerator type pumps can be "force" filled. IE, if you take a pump and blow thru it, you will see that they aren't sealed. This allows water to pass thru to either fill or drain a tank even when the pump isn't running.

There are 2 tank, 4 pumps and 4 hoses. You should be able to see if they're attached and check to see which fill pump turns on.

My bet is the guy before you lost a pump, and switched the electrical connections on the back of the switch or the hoses on the pumps. For example, if he lost the right fill pump, he could swap the electrical connections or hoses to used the left fill pump to fill starboard..... The possibilities are many....