Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

7 wakeboard pull on Lake Shasta

Fman

Just got back from a great trip to Shasta lake, here are some pics of the 7 wakeboard pull with my VLX.... we also did some cool long board surfing with two boats. Hope everyone is having a great summer on the water, I know we have been having a blast!!

I actually got to ride in the tow this year! We had 6 last year, and went up to 7 this year..... two of my three kids are with me, unfortunately my oldest son broke his hand and is recovering and was not able to wakeboard much this year.... guess next year will be 8!

post-15179-073982800 1312867667_thumb.jp

post-15179-028555200 1312868308_thumb.jp

Edited by Fman

I love skiing the Pit (Skiing the Threes) when the water is high. Shasta is awesome when it is full. I have been there for 2 of the last 3 weeks and miss it already..... :(

Good times at Shasta. In '03 iirc we had our Memorial Day Bash at Lake McClure and attempted to get up 13 riders. It look like Medusa's head with all the ropes. I would recommend using the transom eyelets to help spread out the pull on the boat.

post-6-081952300 1312904483_thumb.jpg

post-6-003447300 1312904498_thumb.jpg

post-6-001355800 1312904514_thumb.jpg

Good times at Shasta. In '03 iirc we had our Memorial Day Bash at Lake McClure and attempted to get up 13 riders. It look like Medusa's head with all the ropes. I would recommend using the transom eyelets to help spread out the pull on the boat.

WOW! thats crazy, we will shoot for 8 next year.... we keep bumping it up one each year.... 13 would be awesome, props to the rope management! thats where it has to go well.... we got everyone up on the first try, and rode for about 15 minutes, even made a couple turns....

Will always remember this one....

I think we lost a few once they got up, but iirc 10 were up for awhile. I remember the driver saying the dash was rattling so bad that it was hard to see the gauges. It was behind a 23LSV w/ the Vette motor not exactly a low end torque monster, but it was fun to have it loaded w/ 13 people creaming past an X-Star that wanted to race w/ half the people...... ha ha.

I think we lost a few once they got up, but iirc 10 were up for awhile. I remember the driver saying the dash was rattling so bad that it was hard to see the gauges. It was behind a 23LSV w/ the Vette motor not exactly a low end torque monster, but it was fun to have it loaded w/ 13 people creaming past an X-Star that wanted to race w/ half the people...... ha ha.

Thats cool, I am running the OJ Fusion wakeboard prop, my brother in law was driving and said it popped all 7 of us up with zero problems..... love that prop!

Nice, but there is an old post up here of DD pulling up 16 Skiiers. Rope managment is simple you just need a show skiier.....lol

LOL, but thats a DD.... does not look the same as a v-drive :thumbup: 16 would be challenging, we will be going for 8 next year!

Nice! That looks like a great time. Like the longboard too, gonna have to get one.

The SUP's (stand up paddlers) are great, we are doing a lot of evening paddles on the local lake, great core workout and just peaceful to hang out on the water!

If you need a liink for a good board provider, would recommend: JR Boardshop, Auburn, CA they distribute Danai boards built in So-Cal. Ask for Justin he will put together a good package for you.

http://www.jrboardshop.com/sup.html

Edited by Fman