Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel Filter

I can't find a fuel filter. I have a 2004 monsoon. I saw at bakes it's the wix 33299 but I can't find it. I went to the local auto parts and they said they have no cross. Is there another one I can use?

I can't find a fuel filter. I have a 2004 monsoon. I saw at bakes it's the wix 33299 but I can't find it. I went to the local auto parts and they said they have no cross. Is there another one I can use?

I have a 2006 LCR. It uses the Wix 33299 in-line fuel filter. I've always been able to find it at the local O'Reilly auto parts for

around $12, IIRC. So, try another auto parts store, or just order it from Bakes.

I have a 2006 LCR. It uses the Wix 33299 in-line fuel filter. I've always been able to find it at the local O'Reilly auto parts for

around $12, IIRC. So, try another auto parts store, or just order it from Bakes.

I'm going to chang the fuel filter today. Where is it on a 2004 lsv w/monsoon? Do I need any special tools?

It should be in line between the feed line from the fuel tank but before the fuel pump.

It should be in line between the feed line from the fuel tank but before the fuel pump.

My Malibu service shop mgr just showed me where the fuel filter is on my 2005 VLX 340 Monsoon- as previously mentioned in this post- it mounts with screws on the outlet of the fuel tank, prior to the fuel pump. With the rear center seat off exposing the V-drive and tranny fill, etc., I see mine on the left just to the rear of the V-drive. Follow the outlet hose from the fuel tank on the left and you will see it. It is a simple change with a screwdriver or nut driver. Two clamps secure the inlet and outlet hoses to the filter. Thats it.