Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HELP! Raw water pump fuzed!

I've tried everything. I spent the past 3 days and nights straight putting parts into this boat and spent almost 2 grand getting it in amazing shape and replacing anything remotely faulty. The absolute last thing on my list was the raw water pump. I have to have this boat ready to go on the trailer tomorrow afternoon and I've taken out every bolt and such and cannot get the pump to come off of the crank. Really desperate here. Any ideas or anyone in the Houston area looking to make some quick cash? (again desperate...)

I've tried everything. I spent the past 3 days and nights straight putting parts into this boat and spent almost 2 grand getting it in amazing shape and replacing anything remotely faulty. The absolute last thing on my list was the raw water pump. I have to have this boat ready to go on the trailer tomorrow afternoon and I've taken out every bolt and such and cannot get the pump to come off of the crank. Really desperate here. Any ideas or anyone in the Houston area looking to make some quick cash? (again desperate...)

First I would ask why you need to replace it? If it's leaking there is a simple seal in the back of the impeller housing that will fix the leak. If you have to get the pump off I'd pry it or use some pb blaster.

First I would ask why you need to replace it? If it's leaking there is a simple seal in the back of the impeller housing that will fix the leak. If you have to get the pump off I'd pry it or use some pb blaster.

I think he said it was "fuzed" in the Title. I'm assuming a barring,

My pump has a bracket that bolts to the block that has to be removed to allow it to come off. After that, remove the hoses and bolts that hold it on the ballancer. What am I missing?

My pump has a bracket that bolts to the block that has to be removed to allow it to come off. After that, remove the hoses and bolts that hold it on the ballancer. What am I missing?

I think he's saying that it's fused to the balancer (probably rusted together)

I think he said it was "fuzed" in the Title. I'm assuming a barring,

a barring?

I realize he's saying pump is fused, but he's talking about the pump being fused to the engine

Ok, rusted togeather. It needs impact therapy

Tried to use everything from a rubber mallet to a small sledge untill the pump broke off but the mounting plate was still on the pulley. Dremeled, Grinded, Crowbared, and couldnt get it off, took the pulley off after cutting a hole and took it to some cold chisels with a sledge and it finally came apart

Wow, i thought this type stuff only happened to me! You should have 7 years of good luck! Mine, after 10 years, just came right apart, no problem.