Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 TXI

FXIGUY

Anybody got any info on the TXI?....saw some photos on my dealers website and it seems no different from an LXI...just wondering if anyone knows anything....Looks like I'll be keeping my FXI for a while as they've discontinued it....Boo! Although.... Im sure it was a weak seller compared to any of the Vdrives.

Anybody got any info on the TXI?....saw some photos on my dealers website and it seems no different from an LXI...just wondering if anyone knows anything....Looks like I'll be keeping my FXI for a while as they've discontinued it....Boo! Although.... Im sure it was a weak seller compared to any of the Vdrives.

Check out this thread.

Hull change to improve slalom wake, taller windshield with less trailing glass on the side and a matt black dash to eliminate glare. Targeted at the tournament skier crowd.

Is this a replacement for the LXI or another addition to the line up?

Ed

Looks like the details on the TXi are coming out from Malibu. Press release posted on Ball of Spray. The boat will pull the Malibu Open.

IMO the perfect way to formally introduce the TXi - T for Tournament.

Content of the Press Release:

Malibu Boats plans to introduce the world to the new Response TXi at the Malibu Open in Milwaukee, WI August 5th & 6th, 2011.

(Milwaukee, WI) – The “T” in Response TXi is for “Tournament”, so it is only right that this pro slalom skier’s dream be introduced on the waters of the world’s most competitive Waterski Championships. The Malibu Open is going off at Veteran’s Park Lagoon in Milwaukee, WI August 5-6, 2011. It is here that the new Malibu Response TXi will be pulling world champs and world record breakers to big performances. Of course, even if you’re only competition is yourself, the Response TXi will bring out your best. The 2011 Malibu Open is your chance to get a first look at your next ski boat. See you there!

Built on the new T Cut Diamond Hull, the TXi tames the flow of water behind the boat at speeds and line lengths from pro to beginning levels. World Champions like Thomas Degasperi and Will Asher as well as World Record Holders like Regina Jaquess have trained with the Response TXi. Look for crowd pleasing performances out of these Malibu athletes along with an entire field of world-class water sports royalty

Edited by Woodski

Damn! Now I really wish I could make it and get some pics for you guys. I'm going to be out of town this weekend.

If anyone is on the fence thinking of going, I'd highly recommend it! It was a blast last year!

Damn! Now I really wish I could make it and get some pics for you guys. I'm going to be out of town this weekend.

If anyone is on the fence thinking of going, I'd highly recommend it! It was a blast last year!

We'll be in town, but maybe a bit busy. Was there a gate fee? If not we may go just to see the boats and a bit of a show.

We'll be in town, but maybe a bit busy. Was there a gate fee? If not we may go just to see the boats and a bit of a show.

Nope, completely free if you can find free parking. Otherwise it might be a couple bucks to park, but it's in a public park right along Lake Michigan. Really cool venue. Take in the open on Saturday and the Blue Angels on Sunday (I assume they're in town for the air and water show).

EDIT: Guess the Angels aren't here this year, but the Thunderbirds are as well as a host of other cool stuff.

http://www.milwaukeeairshow.com/

Edited by UWSkier
  • 2 weeks later...

Had the opportunity to ski behind a TXi. Very nice, great wake for slalom, seemed very consistent at a wide range of line lenghts, the longer lengths had a significantly less pronounced bump, actually none really and the short lengths were also impressive with a flat, smooth wake and no spray. A slalom family is certainly going to like this boat a lot. The weighted steering wheel is actually very nice to use, tends to center itself which I liked when driving. Also, the boat handles great. Driving position is very good, visibility is also very good.

Had the opportunity to ski behind a TXi. Very nice, great wake for slalom, seemed very consistent at a wide range of line lenghts, the longer lengths had a significantly less pronounced bump, actually none really and the short lengths were also impressive with a flat, smooth wake and no spray. A slalom family is certainly going to like this boat a lot. The weighted steering wheel is actually very nice to use, tends to center itself which I liked when driving. Also, the boat handles great. Driving position is very good, visibility is also very good.

Nice! That's what i was hoping to hear from people that got to use it.

Thanks for the review!!

Peter :)

I skied behind one this Monday at a clinic. I ran around 16 sets, a mixture of 22 and 28 offs at 34 and 33 mph. The wakes were very smaller, the bump felt very soft when I did notice it. I normally ski behind an 07 RLX and my 05 RLXI for comparison. I did not get a chance to drive or ride in the boat, but from the end of the rope that I was on the boat had great acceleration and was very agile through and around the course. If I was in the market for a new boat I would be taking a good look at this boat.