Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

"MalibuCrew Rules!".... but why?

shawndoggy

They say that the two happiest days in a boat owner's life are the day he buys and the day he sells. I was pretty stoked when I bought. I just sold this morning and I feel terrible. So many family memories on the vRide.

We are going to get a *new* boat and I'm pretty certain it won't be a Malibu (I just don't have that kind of scratch). So I'll probably not be around these parts as much. But I really really REALLY want to say thanks to the crew for so so many things. Just off of the top of my head, the things you guys have helped me with:

Why my boat wouldn't start (lanyard, duh!)

How to winterize (Never would have tried this myself!)

How to install heater

How to install depth finder

How to change tranny fluid and oil

How to install Blue Sea Add a Battery

Tons and tons of stereo questions

How to weight the boat

How to drive for surfing

How to change my tune up parts

Troubleshooting vapor lock

Picking great music for bassheads

detailing the boat

headunit relocation

Fly Hi retrofit with reinforced divider walls

cleaning vinyl

how to wakeboard, surf, and of course tube.

They say that the two happiest days in a boat owner's life are the day he buys and the day he sells. I was pretty stoked when I bought. I just sold this morning and I feel terrible. So many family memories on the vRide.

We are going to get a *new* boat and I'm pretty certain it won't be a Malibu (I just don't have that kind of scratch). So I'll probably not be around these parts as much. But I really really REALLY want to say thanks to the crew for so so many things. Just off of the top of my head, the things you guys have helped me with:

Why my boat wouldn't start (lanyard, duh!)

How to winterize (Never would have tried this myself!)

How to install heater

How to install depth finder

How to change tranny fluid and oil

How to install Blue Sea Add a Battery

Tons and tons of stereo questions

How to weight the boat

How to drive for surfing

How to change my tune up parts

Troubleshooting vapor lock

Picking great music for bassheads

detailing the boat

headunit relocation

Fly Hi retrofit with reinforced divider walls

cleaning vinyl

how to wakeboard, surf, and of course tube.

Yeah right, who you trying to fool.

Good luck with MBCrew..... :rofl:

Isn't it Jetskipro that owns a Sanger & is still hangin around occasionally?

Whatever you decide to do, hope to see ya around.

Agreed - stick around. We'll put up with your MB. Biggrin.gif

Just curious, are you set on going new or are you still keeping a used newer Bu in the running?

pretty set, yeah. The pure vert ballast really fits how we use the boat, especially the ability to get a surfable wake one either side of the boat quickly. I go down for a demo later in the week and will let y'all know....

martinarcher

pretty set, yeah. The pure vert ballast really fits how we use the boat, especially the ability to get a surfable wake one either side of the boat quickly. I go down for a demo later in the week and will let y'all know....

It is a neat system, but I'll wait 10 minutes to surf my Bu! Biggrin.gif

Gotchya... I saw that Bill said "MBCrew" and figured so but didn't know if Bill was just guessin...

Yea, he mentions in another thread that he's lookin at a 23' TWB.

Pretty slick boats in my book. The PureVert is nice. And they put an absurd amount of weight in that boat. MB is known for pretty high end boats, gel coat graphics, billet accessories, umpteen cupholders, etc. I'll be interested to hear Shawn's take on it.

i was really hooked on mb for years till i checked out the 247 with the 8.1 blew the mb out of the water bought one within months of test driving one. test drove and mb and was really disappointed very slow out of the hole.

Ken

martinarcher

Another cool think about the MB's might be the future towers. Whistling.gif

So if an MB is loaded with ballast and can't get on plane how to you empty ballast? I'd hate to put a hull full of water back on the trailer.

Another cool think about the MB's might be the future towers. Whistling.gif

So if an MB is loaded with ballast and can't get on plane how to you empty ballast? I'd hate to put a hull full of water back on the trailer.

Do you want to be on plane to empty the Pure Vert ballast?

Am I reading this right? Captain Craigslist is leaving us? We should all feel used, I thought we meant more than that :biggrin:

martinarcher

Am I reading this right? Captain Craigslist is leaving us? We should all feel used, I thought we meant more than that :biggrin:

From what I understand you have to be on plane since it uses gravity to fill and drain the system. The hull simply has gates on the rear of the boat that open and allow the in hull tanks to flood with water. The gates are on the transom below the water line. To empty you have to get the bow up and the gates out of the water and open....ie on plane.

From what I understand, the 2 speed tranny overcomes the hole shot issue with MB boats (as long as you get one with that option). That said, I've never ridden in a 2 speed boat, so I can't personally speak to how well it works.

Congrats on selling your boat! I'm going this weekend to demo a MB Tomcat 21...I look forward to your reviews.

Edited by srintx

LOL yeah you are reading right. And you'll appreciate, Nate, that despite listing my boat for sale here and on onlyinboards.com, the buyers came as a result of the ad I posted on my local CL. They are great people and I think will make a valuable addition on this site too. We water tested and sealed the deal today at the lake early before work. Really choked me up to give somebody else the keys to the vRide. So silly but true.

You may want to hang on a bit longer.....:whistle:

I agree with malibudude. you might want to wait a few weeks. great news coming concerning ballast on the 2012.

What about an Axis? Have you considered them?

love the Axis! The surf wake pretty much sucks though (I'm happy to be proven wrong, but the only decent vids or photos I've ever seen of the surf wake have the swim platform removed).

Is the malibu with new ballast also going to be $30K less than the 2011s? Shawndoggy don't got $80K.

From what I understand you have to be on plane since it uses gravity to fill and drain the system. The hull simply has gates on the rear of the boat that open and allow the in hull tanks to flood with water. The gates are on the transom below the water line. To empty you have to get the bow up and the gates out of the water and open....ie on plane.

It's really just a change in your routine. Yea, you have to get on plane to drain the ballast. But don't most of us rail back to the ramp or dock at speed? I mean I very rarely stop riding right by my dock & then put the boat in the slip. Murphy hauls his boat back to his driveway with the ballast full (maybe 6 or 8 blocks?), then dumps it in his driveway to clean it off.

Seems like I read somewhere that the 2 speed tranny was going away. Guess it was just a "nice to have" & not really a "must have". :unsure:

Another boat I'd check is the 23' Vride. It's basically a trimmed down LSV, a boat that we love to use on a pretty regular basis. :rockon:

I like to wakeboard. Wife likes to surf (goofy). Daughter likes to surf (regular). While the vride could do all of these, it can't switch between them very quickly. So we'd usually end up excluding someone. And while the vride puts out a great wave for a boat it's size, it's not a hull that was designed with surfing in mind.

We are kinda nuts about getting ride time in behind the boat. It's not uncommon at all for us to put 6 hours on the boat in a day. So reconfigurig the boat all the time was getting old.

Finally, my kids are getting older and if I was ever going to get a new boat better to do it sooner than later. Didn't need to sell and there's nothing wrong with what we sold. It's a great boat and I got a little choked up saying goodbye yesterday.