Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

where to store the anchor

bamabonners

so, I want to keep an anchor on the boat, but where? Where do others with vlx or other model without anchor storage keep their dirty, oily, muddy anchor?

yes, i try to get everything off before it in the boat, but where do you keep it. our lakes are deep, so I have lots of anchor line as well...

Edited by bamabonners

what kind of anchor do you have?? I have a box anchor that folds up and I put it under the rear seat, the one behind the cooler. I make sure to clean it off before I pull it back into the boat and put it back into its bag.

I store mine in the bow all the way at the front under the smallest cushion right at the nose. That's assuming you don't have bow ballast, which I don't. Otherwise it would probably be under the passenger seat.

what kind of anchor do you have?? I have a box anchor that folds up and I put it under the rear seat, the one behind the cooler. I make sure to clean it off before I pull it back into the boat and put it back into its bag.

:plus1:

I finally bought a box anchor this year and I only wish that I had sprung for one years ago. They are awesome and stow well. Well worth the modest investment.

Used my box anchor twice this weekend!! It held two 21' wake boats & a 22' pontoon in a 10 - 15 mph breeze without any problem at all!! :rockon:

I keep mine in the bow storage too. Guess thats the bummer about not having bow storage.

Used my box anchor twice this weekend!! It held two 21' wake boats & a 22' pontoon in a 10 - 15 mph breeze without any problem at all!! :rockon:

I keep mine in the bow storage too. Guess thats the bummer about not having bow storage.

Bow storage as well, that is where I keep all of my bumpers, dock lines, anchors and rope.

Terry

What he said......

Two reasons I bough a box anchor... folds up and comes with a bag. I realize I could have got a bag but it was the whole packaged and so far the only problem is getting the anchor back up....:crazy:

it has been in the front bow area under one seat, with bumpers and ropes on the other side.

I may move it to the back, behind the cooler area. I usually have the spare prop on the other side.

(No ballast or other tanks on my boat)

On a side note...my box anchor bag is red.

I had several small red marks about 2-4 inches long on my vinyl on my previous boat and they would not go away with anything, incluidng magic erasers. Pissed me off to have to point them out to prospective internet buyers demanding pictures of every piece of fly poop that exists on a 24 foot boat, but these were significant to me, even though they were light and would be to some potential buyers as well.

Then one showed up on my new boat right after I loaded it with all my gear from the previous boat. It was then that I realized if I drag the anchor bag across the vinyl, it leaves a nifty little stripe that is all but impossible to get rid of. It is my one and only complaint about my box anchor, and it is not the anchor itself! Luckily, my lakes are such that with a few swishes and swirls in the water, with my long arms, I can get all the muck off of my anchor, and I now just store it bare, with no bag.

I have not yet had a new red stripe appear on my vinyl since I ditched the bag.

Go to Walmart and look at their plastic storage bins...sorta what you might use under the bed just smaller. I think I paid like 5-7 dollars. Its is clear and comes with a top that snaps on. This way you keep the anchor and its rope in neat little box. My box fits under the seat on passenger side with room to spare....box anchor for sure!!

Hope this helps

LTD

Edited by Living the Dream

I finally bought a box anchor this year and I only wish that I had sprung for one years ago. They are awesome and stow well. Well worth the modest investment.

I'll second that... :plus1:

Bow storage as well, that is where I keep all of my bumpers, dock lines, anchors and rope.

Terry

Fenders not bumpers

I keep mine in my anchor locker right in the peak of the bow.

Oh wait, Malibu hasn't figured out the value of that feature yet. :whistle: I sure miss that from my old Bryant I.O.

I use a folding 4 prong anchor and it all rolls up in a towel with the rope then tuck it in the side gunnel storage on the bow.

Hey, Didn't that Pickle fork have an anchor locker?

I keep mine in my anchor locker right in the peak of the bow.

Oh wait, Malibu hasn't figured out the value of that feature yet. :whistle: I sure miss that from my old Bryant I.O.

I use a folding 4 prong anchor and it all rolls up in a towel with the rope then tuck it in the side gunnel storage on the bow.

Hey, Didn't that Pickle fork have an anchor locker?

It does indeed. Along with a swim ladder.