Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Front Ballast - Couple ?'s

For some reason the front ballast tank on our 2011 VLX is acting a little funny.

Sometimes the tank will show that it has water in it when we have not filled it up. Does water get in the tank from the boat being under way? I am getting my readings from the Malivue. Also when we do fill it it will show that is it full but the the level will fluctuate when we are riding?

Does anyone else encounter these scenarios?

Thanks.

Murphy, my '10 does the same thing. Even with a computer the sensors are the wink link on the newer boats I guess. I haven't experienced the auto-fill scenario that you talked about, but have in the past attributed the water in the tanks to them not being completely emptied ( I am still learning the system). I have also found that regardless of what the Malivue says if I shut off the tanks after they start draining from over fill and then restart them I can fill them some more. I am guessing the air has some time to purge allowing some more filling to occur. Draining them I use the same procedure and once I get the trailer on the ramp I hit drain again to get the last gallon or so out (a winterization must if you store it outdoors). This may be why you are showing water in the tanks even after draining them. All things considered it really hasn't been an issue now that I know what to expect. I read on here to fill the F/C tanks first or the P/S tanks won't fill completely because of the angle the boat will be sitting. I might revise my draining procedures ( instead of draining them all at once) to see if that will make a difference.