Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where were you the first time......

G-Mack

Where were you the first time you son/daughter....ski'ed, wakeboarded, surfed etc. In my case ski trainer. The reason I originally owned a boat was for my own love of wakeboarding then surfing..... now we own the boat for the family adventures. I spent the whole day pulling a tube, kneeboard, and ski trainer...I didn't even get in and enjoyed every minute. :thumbup:

by the way..... Mara Lake, BC.....July 2011

post-11113-089694300 1311820741_thumb.jp

Edited by G-Mack

Our daughter took her first tube ride at about 11 months at Stafford Lake near Lethbridge, Alberta and our son was about 14 months on the Pend Oreille River near Ione, Washington. They are now 6 and 4 and ride the heck out of their ski trainer which I believe they both rode the same day at Jackfish Lake just outside of Edmonton, Alberta. Our little girl can't wait to get on real skis this summer. Might not be able to see her behind the boat on account of the GREAT BIG SMILE on the old man's face!!! What a great way to spend the day with family.

Cow Lake, Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, May 28, 2005 for my second daughter. 4 years old. My other daughter was 5 when she skied for the first time. We have probably had 30 or 40 different young kids learn behind our boats! Best feeling ever watching their faces when they realize they can do it!

post-5478-024404300 1311827784_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malibuzer

I learned to ski at age 5 on Melton Hill lake in east Tennessee. All three of my Bio kids started, when we bought our first boat, on Lake Thurmund in Georgia and the adopted kids both learned to knee board this year on Mountain Island lake in Charlotte NC.

I learned at about 6 years old on Conesus Lake NY. My 4 yr old son learned with the same ski trainer you have on Conesus Lake NY as well.

My oldest son first skiied on the skimmer at 2 yrs old now he is 6 our youngest at 3yrs. The oldest loves the water and likes to tube and ski. OUr yougest son is just ok with them both.

The firsts are still happening at our house. A month ago I surfed ropeless for the first time. Last weekend my 12 year old barefooted for the first time. The same day my wife surfed ropeless, first time, the length of the lake. A couple of weeks ago my 5 year old wakeboarded for the first time. I'll barefoot long line this summer, pretty sure of that. Maybe even land that front roll wakeboarding. Gotta love the water, man.

Just realized the span there.....my youngest had a first time boarding at 5, and I'm still having first times doing other stuff at 42. Wow!

My little girl is not quite 9 months, so no skiing firsts yet... I do remember her first time on the boat. It was May 4th. Our first time out for the season and her 6 month birthday.

My first time was back in the summer of 1988(or so). It took me all day to get up and I fell when we had to turn around. Been hooked since. Still trying to work on some other firsts. I need to figure out how to mooch a ride on a surfboard and sky ski :whistle:

I was right behind her... Lake Shasta. June 24, 2007. She was about to turn 5 years old. Now, she kneeboards, wakeboards, and surfs (ocean surfing) at age 8.

post-5643-049149300 1311868729_thumb.jpg

Shasta lake, 1993 I was 8 years old. Got up on double skis long line. Slalom skied on the boom. Also 'teak surfed' back before we knew what it was. There is a picture with 4 of us kids hanging on the platform of a 93' mastercraft prostar 190 with it rolling in at about 5 mph to the houseboat.

on lake by our house - just right for training

she was almost 3 when we started, these pics are later.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/264960_1847264866963_1400930231_31609124_2624275_n.jpg

at Pin Oak Lake in Natchez Trace State Park west TN.

dad decided to pull off while we were swimming. she didn't mind a bit.

time to move up to skis, but i dont want to burn her out.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/262327_10150712621190565_712710564_20037718_1555603_n.jpg

leaving the dock for the first time last year. with the bu in the background.

http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x470/evans2524/

Edited by hatchie

Last week at Bull Shoals Lake. 5 years old skiing at 22 off and 14 on the perfect pass, 10 year old doing a toe turn, and 8 year old doing a toe hold

post-11544-049783300 1312243134_thumb.jp

post-11544-092981300 1312243142_thumb.jp

post-11544-080494900 1312243152_thumb.jp

Last week at Bull Shoals Lake. 5 years old skiing at 22 off and 14 on the perfect pass, 10 year old doing a toe turn, and 8 year old doing a toe hold

Man, those are impressive! All yours?

first time skiing was at greenwater lake sask. i was 10... behing a family friends boat... lost a ski on the way out of the water but stayed up... never did use 2 skis. Then in 1994 a friend bought a surf alley wakeboard and i haven't been on skis 5 times since. Daughter is 7 and tried the kneeboard this summer... did it. son first tried wakeboarding at 13 got up second try.... he's only boarded proly 10 times.. not much of a waterbug. I hope to get my daughter up on the wakeboard this summer yet.

Geoff

Circus Genes in your Family?

Where were you the first time you son/daughter....ski'ed, wakeboarded, surfed etc. In my case ski trainer. The reason I originally owned a boat was for my own love of wakeboarding then surfing..... now we own the boat for the family adventures. I spent the whole day pulling a tube, kneeboard, and ski trainer...I didn't even get in and enjoyed every minute. :thumbup:

by the way..... Mara Lake, BC.....July 2011

Got the ski tranier as well...our 3 yr old has been out a few times this year. She loves it and we usually do a few laps of the lake before she is ready to stop!!