Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass Calibration for Classic SSLXI

Lieutenant Dan

My 6.5ng perfect pass is strange. I do the recommended calibration without a skier and with skier weight to zero and with the crew weight set properly. Everything is good when I do check passes at my skiing speeds in this configuration. However, when I pull a skier...and I do use actual skier weights and crew weights....I have to add 60 to 100 rpm to get nominal times.

Is this because the SSLXI is a "big" boat compared to the nominal slalom tractor? That is, maybe the algorithms are written for smaller boats and I just need to live with this anomally. Or, is there something that I am missing?

Anyone else out there having this same issue?

My 6.5ng perfect pass is strange. I do the recommended calibration without a skier and with skier weight to zero and with the crew weight set properly. Everything is good when I do check passes at my skiing speeds in this configuration. However, when I pull a skier...and I do use actual skier weights and crew weights....I have to add 60 to 100 rpm to get nominal times.

Is this because the SSLXI is a "big" boat compared to the nominal slalom tractor? That is, maybe the algorithms are written for smaller boats and I just need to live with this anomally. Or, is there something that I am missing?

Anyone else out there having this same issue?

You are using quick calibrate in a course with at least 3 mags per side? sslxi we used to ski had no issue getting good times. even though a bigger boat, much less drag on a sslxi hull than some other smaller ski boats. I'm thinking a calibration issue somewhere along the line. I'd master reset and start all over.

You are using quick calibrate in a course with at least 3 mags per side? sslxi we used to ski had no issue getting good times. even though a bigger boat, much less drag on a sslxi hull than some other smaller ski boats. I'm thinking a calibration issue somewhere along the line. I'd master reset and start all over.

Yes quick calibrate, yes on course with 3 magnets per side.

How do you do a "master reset"?

Thanks in advance.

You can obtain a lot of information at perfectpass.com. http://perfectpass.com/download/usersmanuals/DBW.DIGITALPRO.USERMANUAL6.5Ng.June2007.pdf Try this link for resets and further information. If that doesn't work I would call PP, they are always helpful. I had issues with PPSG, called them several times and finally was able to work it all out.