Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer Guide Pads

My Extreme Trailer has wooden guide posts and the carpet on them is wearing away leaving the exposed wood to wreck my hull. Anyone have a good lead on some pads to replace the carpet? The only pads I have found online are made for PVC guides and my guides are square. Should I just cut some of the round pads and staple/nail/glue them?

Yeah just seems like wood and carpet will be more expensive and not last as long as some sort of foam.

I have the same square steel posts that used to have the carpeted wood guide pads. The previous owner removed the carpeted wood before I bought the boat. And it has the round pad with the nylon sleeve over it. It's a tight fit but goes on easier if you put a little soapy water on the foam & nylon sleeve.

In 4 yrs now I've replaced the pad twice.

IMG_2021Large.jpg

My Extreme Trailer has wooden guide posts and the carpet on them is wearing away leaving the exposed wood to wreck my hull. Anyone have a good lead on some pads to replace the carpet? The only pads I have found online are made for PVC guides and my guides are square. Should I just cut some of the round pads and staple/nail/glue them?

I dropped some 3" round flex pvc over the square posts and put a cap on them. They work great. The flex pvc is fairly soft and does not mark the hull

www.FlexPVC.com

I would just re carpet and go on slower...... these should not take that much abuse if you go on straight and slow