Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Broken Wedge on 2011

When I purchase my new 247 LSV last month, the dealer had mentioned problems with the 2011 wedge breaking under pressure. Well mine broke yesterday, ripped both the connectors to the hydralic shocks right out while my wife was surfing. Upon putting it on the trailer, the wedge was hanging down and both shocks were broken on the end that connects the wedge. Anyone else had this problem? Any fix to it? The boat was in automatic surf left as we always put it in. Very strange I never had a problem before.

Don't know of anyone that has had that happened. I have a 2011 VLX and have had a wedge issue, dealer said the fuse blew and they put a bigger fuse in it. Ill ask some Malibu buddies, if I hear of anything that could help, I'll pass it along. Good luck.

I don't know why 2011 would have any wedge issues that earlier models don't (2008+) because the hardware didn't change IIRC.

That blows. I have big vacation plans this week and I'm real tentative on using the wedge. (to many bad stories)

I'll use it though. If it takes a dump I'll just take the whole thing off.

of all the issues I've had, the wedge has not been one. And I regularly surf 4000lbs+ ballast trimming my wedge up and down all over to tweek the wave. No issues.

Talking with other Malibu owners, the worst Ive heard is the fuses as mentioned above, and some of the actuators having to be replaced and that guy replaced 2 of them, 1500hrs on his 2007, the guy is a pro running his boat sun up till sun down.

We had an issue with our 2010 vlx with wedge getting stuck deployed. Tried the fuses, no luck. Turned out to be a bad wire. Dealer replaced wire and wedge has performed flawlessly.

• 1 month later...

Don't know of anyone that has had that happened. I have a 2011 VLX and have had a wedge issue, dealer said the fuse blew and they put a bigger fuse in it. Ill ask some Malibu buddies, if I hear of anything that could help, I'll pass it along. Good luck.

Turns out it wasn't just a fuse, bad actuator.