Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

This thread is about non-malibus you love

MARiley

with the picklefork bow, and reworked interior layout, the thing is huge inside. (Seating Capacity 16). I think that is why the X25 is more in the price range of the 23LSV or a 247LSV instead of a typicall 22' price range.

i just figured the higher price was just mastercraft's (imho) excessive price structure.

i just figured the higher price was just mastercraft's (imho) excessive price structure.

Ya....i dont really know what the heck they are doing with their MSRPs... The markup on an MC is like 15% more than a Bu. Some MC dealers try to get that 15% and some dont... The X25 that I had qouted for me a little while ago was $121k MSRP, Actual quoted selling price $86,780.00...... crazy

That was fully loaded except power tower and had a 440hp 6.2 ilmore.

Edited by TenTwentyOne

Fman, did he have a new Widebody 23 or an older B52V23? The new widebody and 21 Tomcats have phenomenal wakes out of the box.

I'm also curious Fman - but thanks for the good input so far!

I'm sorry, but I disagree about the epic. That boat is ugly. the square front end and the speakers along the back do not do it for me. The all black epic looks like a pair of old nurse's shoes.

marc.jpg

With the proper nurse's uniform those shoes can be downright naughty.

All seriousness aside, is the Epic the boat that used to offer the Toyota motors ? Or should I say is Epic the boat company that was building the boats for Toyota ?

Edited by LS-One

With the proper nurse's uniform those shoes can be downright naughty.

All seriousness aside, is the Epic the boat that used to offer the Toyota motors ? Or should I say is Epic the boat company that was building the boats for Toyota ?

www.epicboats.com says established 2002, which is after the Toyota boats were done. I'm pretty sure I've read it's a different company.

www.epicmarine.com is the old Toyota site.

IIRC the new Epics with all that ballast come in quite a bit lighter at dry weight than comparable boats, so some of the ballast weight is making up for that. And like others, I do not care for the square front end.

Edited by jk13

With the proper nurse's uniform those shoes can be downright naughty. :thumbup:

Yes, Epic used to use the Toyota V-8...read below.

A new 70,000 sq. ft. factory with ski lake was opened on July 18 2001. The plan was to consolidate Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing all under one roof. The boats had previously been manufactured by Maritech, a Florida boat company that makes high end Gambler bass boats. They even have a Dale Earnhardt signature model.

There were several factors that lead to Toyota's decision to pull the plug several months later. Early in the game, they had decided to limit production to 500 boats a year to keep tight control on quality. With a proposed nationwide network of 30 dealers, that is 16 boats PER YEAR per dealer. That is 1.38 boats per month. Even at five or six boats a month, many dealers decided to drop the line as it is much easier to sell something that you have on the lot than a picture from a brochure. This lead to slow sales. Toyota, used to selling cars in high volume, had no idea how to do business in the comp boat industry.

To compound things, some dealers began reporting problems with the Epic 21's. While lake testing, they found that some of the boats would "chine lock", or get locked into a turn that the driver could not steer out of. After much yelling and screaming and more dealers dropping the line, Toyota discovered that there was indeed a problem, a twist had developed in the mold for the Epic 21 foot boat. Apparently, it had been left out in the Florida sun for a period of time, boats made after that period had a twist. To avoid potential injury or death and inevitable litigation, Toyota made the right decision. They recalled all Epic 21's and replaced them with BRAND NEW BOATS! This was very costly, but it was the right decision. There were no incidents of the boats "flipping" or crashing as a result, you may read otherwise on the internet in some posts by dealers trying to sell their competing products. Of course, this problem made it even more difficult to sell boats. With the economy in freefall, things were not going well for Toyota Marine. Then, September 11. The resulting economic crash was the straw that broke the camels back.

Toyota pulled out in October 2001, they formally announced it around the New Year. All owners received letters stating that Toyota was committed to its customers, and would honor warrantees and provide parts and technical support for ten years from that date, Dec 31, 2001. They also said that they would start a quarterly newsletter for Toyota Epic owners to demonstrate this commitment. That has not happened yet,

source: http://www.epicmarine.com/history_of_epic_boats.htm

Fman, did he have a new Widebody 23 or an older B52V23? The new widebody and 21 Tomcats have phenomenal wakes out of the box.

I believe it is a 2007/2008 B52 V23, it has the tribal flame gelcoat scheme, not sure on the hull design.... I definitely know it was not a widebody or tomcat. I think he mentioned 1800 lbs of ballast. He is a very advanced rider, much more than my family and I are... this was all his input, I think most of the top boats these days are producing a very nice wake for all levels of riding. He really liked how the VLX wake is super clean at low and higher speeds, and can be dialed in to a wide arrange of shapes with the wedge and quad MLS ballast. His wife and daughter were riding at 18 MPH and the wake was really nice with no ballast. He also liked the interior fit and finish and G3 tower on the BU....

It was really fun to watch him launching tantrums, front flips, raleys and 360's..... I was towing him at 23MPH with full MLS and wedge one to two clicks up.

Ya....i dont really know what the heck they are doing with their MSRPs... The markup on an MC is like 15% more than a Bu. Some MC dealers try to get that 15% and some dont... The X25 that I had qouted for me a little while ago was $121k MSRP, Actual quoted selling price $86,780.00...... crazy

That was fully loaded except power tower and had a 440hp 6.2 ilmore.

I was quoted $91k + taxes = $100k+ out the door for X-25 at the boat show..... my wife would have flipped out if I told her we spent over $100k on a boat! :rofl:

Yes, Epic used to use the Toyota V-8...read below.

A new 70,000 sq. ft. factory with ski lake was opened on July 18 2001. The plan was to consolidate Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing all under one roof. The boats had previously been manufactured by Maritech, a Florida boat company that makes high end Gambler bass boats. They even have a Dale Earnhardt signature model.

There were several factors that lead to Toyota's decision to pull the plug several months later. Early in the game, they had decided to limit production to 500 boats a year to keep tight control on quality. With a proposed nationwide network of 30 dealers, that is 16 boats PER YEAR per dealer. That is 1.38 boats per month. Even at five or six boats a month, many dealers decided to drop the line as it is much easier to sell something that you have on the lot than a picture from a brochure. This lead to slow sales. Toyota, used to selling cars in high volume, had no idea how to do business in the comp boat industry.

To compound things, some dealers began reporting problems with the Epic 21's. While lake testing, they found that some of the boats would "chine lock", or get locked into a turn that the driver could not steer out of. After much yelling and screaming and more dealers dropping the line, Toyota discovered that there was indeed a problem, a twist had developed in the mold for the Epic 21 foot boat. Apparently, it had been left out in the Florida sun for a period of time, boats made after that period had a twist. To avoid potential injury or death and inevitable litigation, Toyota made the right decision. They recalled all Epic 21's and replaced them with BRAND NEW BOATS! This was very costly, but it was the right decision. There were no incidents of the boats "flipping" or crashing as a result, you may read otherwise on the internet in some posts by dealers trying to sell their competing products. Of course, this problem made it even more difficult to sell boats. With the economy in freefall, things were not going well for Toyota Marine. Then, September 11. The resulting economic crash was the straw that broke the camels back.

Toyota pulled out in October 2001, they formally announced it around the New Year. All owners received letters stating that Toyota was committed to its customers, and would honor warrantees and provide parts and technical support for ten years from that date, Dec 31, 2001. They also said that they would start a quarterly newsletter for Toyota Epic owners to demonstrate this commitment. That has not happened yet,

source: http://www.epicmarin..._epic_boats.htm

there's one of these for sale local to me for like $18K.

I was quoted $91k + taxes = $100k+ out the door for X-25 at the boat show..... my wife would have flipped out if I told her we spent over $100k on a boat! :rofl:

i would have told the guys he and the company he works for are certifiably insane and taken my business elsewhere. if i'm spending 100k+ on a boat, it either A)go >105mph and/or B) be at least 24' with every option conceivable including a tri-axle trailer.

2m6ae11.jpg

My dads old boat. I had a lot of good memories growing up in that bad boy. Recently passed down to my older brother.

My uncle has one just like that but glitter green and a Mercury 150hp.

2m6ae11.jpg

I"ve always liked that boat, there was one on Craigslist here recently. Thought about buying it just for my kids to have.

On this one....engine up, and a guy with a paddle. That can't be good!

Here's another spin on the picture: Guy withe the paddle looks really mad. Just clocked the guy in the back who has slumped over the pylon. Winding up to hit the guy at the throttle. Planning on taking off with the boat and the girl.

How much does that differ from a 2011 VLK with like options? :unsure:

I"ve always liked that boat, there was one on Craigslist here recently. Thought about buying it just for my kids to have.

On this one....engine up, and a guy with a paddle. That can't be good!

Here's another spin on the picture: Guy withe the paddle looks really mad. Just clocked the guy in the back who has slumped over the pylon. Winding up to hit the guy at the throttle. Planning on taking off with the boat and the girl.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love my Axis the more and more I take it out. Every time I am like I just love this wake...Tehcnically does that count for a non malibu I love? I mean it doesnt say Malibu....Well except on the docking lights and the coast guard persons plate... :rofl: