Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

This thread is about non-malibus you love

MARiley

here is my buddy's '48 correct craft. i "wood" definitely go to the ski antique side.

35855hy.jpg

160xzck.jpg

and i have always been in love with the 205v. this one in particular really gets me going. hubba hubba.

Posing.jpg

• Like 1

I am a BIG fan of the X25.... As long as it doesnt have the ugly transformer power tower.

digi40066354_l.jpg

But I am also with the OP on the Antique inboards..... I have a friend that is in his 3rd year of building one. He hopes to be done in two more years. You wouldnt believe how much time goes into one of those things. He must have over 1000hrs in it already.

I'm a big fan of the new MB's, particularly the 23 TWB. Could very well be my next boat once they make a few more changes.

Edited by 06vlx

Love these boats. I've always wanted one!! I have had my eye on a few anniversary edition stars and stripes but the price is just way too high for the years!

This was my first boat. 1983 Stars and Stripes.

Really like the X-15, very nice boat.... and I would have purchased the X-25 this year but it was the $100k price tag that I could not agree with.... for $35k less the VLX is exceeding my expectations... and I would put the stock VLX wake (quad ballast/wedge) against anything on the market today :)

The new MB's are making some waves right now. The new styling is much better and the quality seems to be improving. Other than that it would have to be what Nautique has planned over the next couple of years. I love some of their features but the lake of storage kills it for me. Now of they change the storage.........now the next boat may be a tough decision.

The new MB's are making some waves right now. The new styling is much better and the quality seems to be improving. Other than that it would have to be what Nautique has planned over the next couple of years. I love some of their features but the lake of storage kills it for me. Now of they change the storage.........now the next boat may be a tough decision.

That seems to have alot to do with the newly aquired tallent, Malibu's loss is MB's gain.

I too am also a fan of some of the new MB's, the gravity ballast is pretty sweet. The only problem is NOTHING drives like a Malibu. I love the water sports but I also just like driving boats and the Malibu drives the best of any I have driven. I haven't driven them all so who knows as a next boat. Anybody know what the new MB's drive like? The older B52's are like driving a barge.

That seems to have alot to do with the newly aquired tallent, Malibu's loss is MB's gain.

That's exactly what i was eluding too. :innocent:

I would be interested in having a weekend at my home lake to try and ride in all the different boats we have. Maybe we could call it the "Give the other guys ride a try weekend" Bit it only goes as far as boats! :biggrin:

I too am also a fan of some of the new MB's, the gravity ballast is pretty sweet. The only problem is NOTHING drives like a Malibu. I love the water sports but I also just like driving boats and the Malibu drives the best of any I have driven. I haven't driven them all so who knows as a next boat. Anybody know what the new MB's drive like? The older B52's are like driving a barge.

They have changed the tracking fins to a much larger style and from what I could see they also have moved them forward. It should help the handling quite a bit.

I know they are hated as much as lake lice ... but I like speed:

http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/sport/ltg47_overview.asp

I'm with you, one of the big lakes we visit has allot of those style boats on it and I love to look them over!

I like the new Moomba look, I know it looks like an older Malibu, that's why I like it. Also like the big, sleek lines of a 21-24ft Cobalt for a pleasure cruiser.

post-5050-016241100 1311097873_thumb.jpg

post-5050-063324200 1311098460_thumb.jpg

i just missed a correct craft Martinique for 4k. I here this boat throws the biggest wake of any DD without ballast. just don't try to ski behind it.

I know they are hated as much as lake lice ... but I like speed:

http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/sport/ltg47_overview.asp

I have a friend moving from Cali to Florida that has an older Fountain with two brand new 383 strokers. It may be up for sale soon. Only used in fresh water and pimped. :)

Edited by LS-One

I still miss my 2005 Tige 24V. Excellent machine with great wake and wave.

boat.jpg

My X45 was a real headturner! I loved some things about that boat also.

X-45.jpg

My Malibu has the best wake of them all.