Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

This thread is about non-malibus you love

MARiley

My dad and I have something in common we both have owned photo shoot boats. My dad's 1964 Stevens 18' 389 Pontiac with three deuces and the loudest V-drive on earth. The color was gold metal flake

post-23-072182500 1311182794_thumb.jpg

Sorry to keep posting but had to on this one. I have lot's of buddy's with "hot" boats. One of our other ski friends had a '64 Stevens, 396 jet up until about 4 years ago ! Only 396 in history to not blow apart, ever. No wake, other than jet spray. It now ski's on the San Bernard in Texas. I have more time on the water with that boat, than any other.

Steve B.

sorry guys, moving on to a mastercraft.

we will be getting a 2012 x25 ordered next weekend at the boat show (fingers crossed)

bd4699963245795945315.jpg

bd4805365545535018889.jpg

No worries...We know you'll be back.... :) sharp lookn' boat! More subdued graphics than in years past.

I love the stars and strips MC from 'The Secret Spot' movie

I would like a 19' CB DD with the 8.1 :rockon:

Ski Nautique used to have an option for the 502 cu. in. Python in their DD skiboat!

The 2012 Centurion's are freaking awesome and with the surfwake the best around it will be hard for me not to try one. The have moved the cockpit forward and now they have some room in them. And I love the Pure Vert ballast its only 500 lbs per side but with an enzo sac above it they boat should put out a giant wave.

This is my new project

1307992474.jpg

And this is my first full restoration that I did I sold this boat earlier this year and I kick myself in the a** about getting rid of it that thing was a blast

DSC_0515.jpg

Edited by the13element

oh man, i love flats and hydros. the other night i just watched videos on youtube of guys pounding the throttle, and getting to 110+ in a hurry. my ol' man had a boat just like this a few years before i was born. same brendella hull, same engine (tunnelram 454 with twin holley doublepumpers), casale v-drive, etc. onlt difference is the paint, i'll say his was much nicer than this pumpkin-themed boat. http://www.dragboatcity.com/boats-sale/46%20Brendella%2077%20hydro%20VD.html

I've always wanted to ride behind an Epic and an MB Sports f23 tomcat. I can't say i like the look of the tomcat (in fact to me it's fugly), but both boats offer a lot of standard ballast which i like. I'm really sick of always having to add aftermarket ballast bags to a top of the line WAKEBOARD boat.

I really like that MB sports does the gravity fill ballast system (purevert system). I'm really sick of replacing pumps that are on the fritz and would much rather have a purevert system (gravity fed). I've been irritated for a while now that it isn't an option on the "top of the line" boats yet to me seems like an objectively better way to do things. IMO i just think the other companies don't want to pay the royalties to the purevert patent and are relying on their name instead. I like that MB also offers a 2 speed transmission. It's not something I'm completely sold on, but would definitely like to play around with. If it ended up saving gas or offering a wider range of speeds I'd be cool with it.

The epic boats have been on my radar for years now. I like that it's a company built solely around wakeboarding because that's all I do. They also offer a lot of stock ballast. I also seem to think these boats look really attractive. I mean just LOOK at how pretty they are..

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778662

Well both of these opinions are speculation because i haven't driven or ridden them. But I swore to myself I would make sure i demo'd each of them before buying my next boat. So about 10 years down the road we'll see.

I too am also a fan of some of the new MB's, the gravity ballast is pretty sweet. The only problem is NOTHING drives like a Malibu. I love the water sports but I also just like driving boats and the Malibu drives the best of any I have driven. I haven't driven them all so who knows as a next boat. Anybody know what the new MB's drive like? The older B52's are like driving a barge.

I have a new 23 Team Widebody with the improved fin size/location and it's a HUGE difference over all previous years. The boat handles exceptionally well. Plus the interior has been totally redone. Huge improvement from 2011 - 2012 models.post-2539-068958900 1311278556_thumb.jpg post-2539-017303300 1311278581_thumb.jpg

Edited by OnlyInboards

I gotta say I too love the classic looks of the Epics, and they are made locally I think?

That said, are the speakers on the transom waterproof or what?

The EPIC I have been on has no problems with the speakers on the transom. Perhaps the one-piece swim step and "notch" underneath it prevent the stern wake from climbing high enough to reach the speakers very often? Not really sure.

The 23v is a beast of a boat (I mentioned it on page 2 of this thread.) The ballast is crazy and the power is copious. The only thing I don't like about is some of the interior quality is a little lacking compared to our Malibu, and the Samson built tower isn't very attractive to me. But this Epic was also one of the first they ever built (literally) and I'm guessing they've made some improvements over time in various departments...

Edited by rennis

I'm sorry, but I disagree about the epic. That boat is ugly. the square front end and the speakers along the back do not do it for me. The all black epic looks like a pair of old nurse's shoes.

marc.jpg

Well of course looks are going to be subjective, my main points are regarding their functionality - big ballast and gravity fed systems are what I think really make them look superior. I'm definitely demoing both of those boats before I buy my next one. I'd really like to try them. If anyone in the wausau WI area owns one, i'd love to take a drive and meet you for a set.

Edit: About the epics transom speakers - i believe they are waterproof IIRC. Either way i don't get into the whole tower speakers / transom speakers thing so it isn't really my thing. Focus on the basics and get me a gravity fed system with huge capacity so i can grow a monster wake and I'm a happy camper.

Edited by wakeboarder3780

sorry guys, moving on to a mastercraft.

we will be getting a 2012 x25 ordered next weekend at the boat show (fingers crossed)

bd4699963245795945315.jpg

bd4805365545535018889.jpg

Sick boat, the X-25 is really nice... I was hoping for one this year but just too much out of my price range.... settled on the VLX, which has not disappointed...lovin' it.

Congrats! and enjoy....

I've always wanted to ride behind an Epic and an MB Sports f23 tomcat. I can't say i like the look of the tomcat (in fact to me it's fugly), but both boats offer a lot of standard ballast which i like. I'm really sick of always having to add aftermarket ballast bags to a top of the line WAKEBOARD boat.

I really like that MB sports does the gravity fill ballast system (purevert system). I'm really sick of replacing pumps that are on the fritz and would much rather have a purevert system (gravity fed). I've been irritated for a while now that it isn't an option on the "top of the line" boats yet to me seems like an objectively better way to do things. IMO i just think the other companies don't want to pay the royalties to the purevert patent and are relying on their name instead. I like that MB also offers a 2 speed transmission. It's not something I'm completely sold on, but would definitely like to play around with. If it ended up saving gas or offering a wider range of speeds I'd be cool with it.

The epic boats have been on my radar for years now. I like that it's a company built solely around wakeboarding because that's all I do. They also offer a lot of stock ballast. I also seem to think these boats look really attractive. I mean just LOOK at how pretty they are..

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778662

Well both of these opinions are speculation because i haven't driven or ridden them. But I swore to myself I would make sure i demo'd each of them before buying my next boat. So about 10 years down the road we'll see.

Had a friend visiting last month who owns a MB B52 23, he rode all week behind my 2011 VLX and said the wake was superior to his MB.... he was blown away that it was the stock wake. I do like how Malibu uses aerator pumps, they are bulletproof and super easy to swap out... also like the 3 min fill time for the entire 1250 LB MLS. Purevert is nice, but you get no bow weight at all, its all sub-floor... that is the main complaint about that system. The pure vert is not as user friendly as having four independent tanks.

I do like the MB line, they seem to be getting better each year and are well priced.

Epic boats IMO are the ugliest boat I have ever seen, I try to like them but each time I see one it just will not happen.

Sick boat, the X-25 is really nice... I was hoping for one this year but just too much out of my price range.... settled on the VLX, which has not disappointed...lovin' it.

Congrats! and enjoy....

SETTLED!!!! for a VLX?!?!?!?!?!

I hate you :tomato:

MalibuNation

I have a friend moving from Cali to Florida that has an older Fountain with two brand new 383 strokers. It may be up for sale soon. Only used in fresh water and pimped. :)

Would be great on Lake Michigan!

I'm sorry, but I disagree about the epic. That boat is ugly. the square front end and the speakers along the back do not do it for me. The all black epic looks like a pair of old nurse's shoes. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

marc.jpg

Kinda does! :crazy:

SETTLED!!!! for a VLX?!?!?!?!?!

I hate you :tomato:

Well, an X25 is more compareable to a 23LSV... Sort of like a 23 in the main seating area, and then a larger bow. It is not in the same class as the VLX except in overall length. But with the picklefork bow, and reworked interior layout, the thing is huge inside. (Seating Capacity 16). I think that is why the X25 is more in the price range of the 23LSV or a 247LSV instead of a typicall 22' price range.

VLX is like an X15, and compared to an X15, the VLX was the way to go :rockon:

X25 though.... :drool: