Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

This thread is about non-malibus you love

MARiley

I love lots of boats, where to even start!?

Here's a good one. GF's brother has an EPIC 23v. The thing is a beast. It's like a tug boat out of the hole. You could be morbidly obese on a kid-sized wake board and that effer would still pull you out of the water.

23v-23417_1b.jpg

My friends' 2007 Mastercraft X2 is awesome. Great wave, great wake, super durable, lots of room and handles well (especially in choppy water). I usually don't like a lot of Mastercrafts, they've just got too much bling for me(not quite MB's level of bling :vomit: but still too much for me ). This one is super simple, performs great, and has a bulletproof feel to it. I'd take one any day of the week.......but it was about 18k more than my 07 Vride at the time.

Mc.jpg

Mc2.jpg

Bayliner. Yes, I said that out loud. I bought a new 1950 Capri with the trailer in 1986 for 12,500. I sold it 20 years later in almost like new condition for 4500.00. I used that boat heavily for 20 years and it always did everything I asked it to do. One boat took me through two planks, slalom, kneeboarding, hydrofoiling, and beginner wakeboarding. Cost of ownership not including maintainence and repairs was 400 per year. Gotta love that! Lots of people pay more than that per month.

Our realtor's late 50s Chris Craft. 1 of 64 and 1 of 12 known to still be around. Got my first ride in it this past Saturday. This boat is absolutely gorgeous.

7716_102770243073814_100000225171473_76160_4536043_n.jpg

I love lots of boats, where to even start!?

Here's a good one. GF's brother has an EPIC 23v. The thing is a beast. It's like a tug boat out of the hole. You could be morbidly obese on a kid-sized wake board and that effer would still pull you out of the water.

23v-23417_1b.jpg

Did not know much about Epic. Seems like alot of boat for the price! Very NICE!

Here is My old 96 Ski Sanger, Very Dependable, Great Boat , bought it at the boat show, Funny I was going back and forth between the Malibu dealer and this one , Bottom line the Sanger dealer gave me what i wanted for a trade, and the Malibu dealer would not take any trade in the dead of winter, sangair012.jpg

Rockon.gifLove.gif Wow that is sharp!!! Wasn't there one in the early to mid 90s as well. I think I like the earlier one better I thought for sure it was in the 90s

MC 35th anniversary edition. :rockon:

80059.jpg

I know they are hated as much as lake lice ... but I like speed:

http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/sport/ltg47_overview.asp

people hate these hotrods? that mentality is beyond comprehension. the raw power is enough to make me almost completely forget about watersports.

there's a HUGE scene with these guys (powerboats in general) in southern california. i'll always love lake rods. especially dcb, but seeing as they just keep shooting ever higher in price i'll likely pass. HOWEVER, a local rigger/glasser/etc recently acquired the molds for the mach22. i'd LOVE to get one in a few years. twin 2.5 drags may be a little much(120mph with 4 people, full tanks, and gear), so i think a single 300xs(90+) will be JUST fine.

this one has the entire build of the 1st 22 phantom he built. from mold to hyperspeed.

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?206015-1st-22-Phantom

http://kmgboats.com/

https://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=165798658390#!/pages/KMG-Boats-INC/165798658390

kagwuf.png

DSCF0250.jpg?t=1272473167

Rockon.gifLove.gif Wow that is sharp!!! Wasn't there one in the early to mid 90s as well. I think I like the earlier one better I thought for sure it was in the 90s

DSCF3483.jpg

1993 Stars and Stripes edition is what you're thinking of.

Mc2.jpg

MC Should have kept that tower. I love the simple, classic design of it. Screw the foreward sloped towers, and the power towers, and the way too much bling towers. I would take that tower over any other...

Here is My old 96 Ski Sanger, Very Dependable, Great Boat , bought it at the boat show, Funny I was going back and forth between the Malibu dealer and this one , Bottom line the Sanger dealer gave me what i wanted for a trade, and the Malibu dealer would not take any trade in the dead of winter, sangair012.jpg

Sweet boat!

DSCF3483.jpg

1993 Stars and Stripes edition is what you're thinking of.

Kind of confusing, but that's not the anniversary boat. All 93s had a center steering wheel button that said 25th anniversary on it, but the actual stars and stripes boats looked like this and came in METALLIC blue or red only, not teal:

post-12034-079285600 1311171766_thumb.jp

post-12034-037265700 1311171208_thumb.jp

BTW :plus1: on the 35th 197. All polished stainless underwater gear on that boat.

Loved our old Dorsett and our old Bayliner. As stated above, we pounded that boat for 20 years and it never let us down. Basically any boat that I'm on at the moment is usually good fun for me.

Edited by jk13

I'll try to get a good pic of my buddy's Eliminator 20. 454. Supercharged, V-drive.

To say it fly's, would be an understatement !

Steve B.

edit: 3-speed V-Drive

Edited by Steve B.

My dad and I have something in common we both have owned photo shoot boats. My dad's 1964 Stevens 18' 389 Pontiac with three deuces and the loudest V-drive on earth. The color was gold metal flake

post-23-072182500 1311182794_thumb.jpg

Edited by LS-One