Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bigger Wake for Surfing

GORDON

I have a 2004 VLX. What sacs should I be buying to create that big wake for surfing. Will they fit in the rear storage bins?

750 in the rear locker (assuming no factory tank?), 400 on or under the surf side seat (or equivalently large humans), some weight in the bow to get the wave longer. wedge down.

750 in the rear locker (assuming no factory tank?), 400 on or under the surf side seat (or equivalently large humans), some weight in the bow to get the wave longer. wedge down.

I do have factory tanks. Not much room in there. Is there a sac that is designed to fit with the tanks?

You can take the tank out and hard plumb a 750 in in its place, or just run a 750 in the gap between the tank and the engine divider. It won't fill all the way, but the results with the facory tank will totally be acceptable. You will need to reinforce your engine divider walls too.

You can take the tank out and hard plumb a 750 in in its place, or just run a 750 in the gap between the tank and the engine divider. It won't fill all the way, but the results with the facory tank will totally be acceptable. You will need to reinforce your engine divider walls too.

Thats what I was afraid of. Putting a sac into that comparment, what kind of stress it would be putting on the tank, tank screws and the engine wall. How the heck do you reinforce?

Do a search... Lots of threads here on divider wall reinforcement. No biggie really.

What lake do you ride at? I'd be happy to just show you what I've done...

EVERYONE does it that is running extra weight.

not everyone... I have run a 900 lb in the locker without issues for the 3 seasons. I assume the normal failure is the divider bottom kicks out of the channel.

not everyone... I have run a 900 lb in the locker without issues for the 3 seasons. I assume the normal failure is the divider bottom kicks out of the channel.

I was talking about putting weight in the rear lockers.

When you @ Shasta?

I'm real partial to bullards. Topaz on occasion too.

We are headed down next Thursday for ten days. Are you in Reno ?

yep me too... 900 lb sumo sac in the rear locker... no reinforcement

Dude you aren't getting it. I was talking about his concern with putting ANY additional weight in the rear lockers period. It had nothing to do with re-inforcing the divider wall. My comment with EVERYONE doing it applies to you as well. You run additional weight in the rear lockers.

Edited by 06vlx

How it read to me:

Thats what I was afraid of. Putting a sac into that comparment, what kind of stress it would be putting on the tank, tank screws and the engine wall. How the heck do you reinforce?

EVERYONE does it that is running extra weight.

Looked like it is a reference to adding reinforcement to me from the two previous posts.

Edited by G-Mack