Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ever realize how much stuff you carry?

bamabonners

Cleaning out the old boat and loading the new boat has made me realize how much stuff I carry around. Holy cow! Everything from a first aid kit, to anchor, to skis, ropes, extra sunscreen, tool kit, maps, bumpers, boards, skis, etc... Anybody here ever weigh their gear to see how much it weighs? I am NOT unloading to get a before weight. Lol

Btw, the vlx has tons of storage!

Cleaning out the old boat and loading the new boat has made me realize how much stuff I carry around. Holy cow! Everything from a first aid kit, to anchor, to skis, ropes, extra sunscreen, tool kit, maps, bumpers, boards, skis, etc... Anybody here ever weigh their gear to see how much it weighs? I am NOT unloading to get a before weight. Lol

Got kids? If not, you ain't seen nothing yet :biggrin:

I know exactly how much I carry, not in weight but quantity, because after every weekend it all comes out of the boat (including boat cushions) and into the house. When I cover the boat and put it on the lift for it's weekday "slumber" it's empty and wiped down. The cushions come out so it can dry out during the week.

You'd be surprised at how "minimalist" you become when you do this.

You'd be surprised at how "minimalist" you become when you do this.

And how much help you can get from the kids! I'm doing pretty much the same thing now. We unload everything and put it on the pier. The kids haul it all up to the garage while I crank it up and put the paddle boat and kayaks up. I walk up to the garage and put everything in it's place. The cover goes on at the end of the house clean up, right before we leave.

MalibuNation

I only load it up in the spring and unload it in the fall, but it's lots of "stuff". The only things I take out each time are the keys, skis/boards and wet life vest.

A couple years ago when my prop packing failed & I had a couple inches of water in the boat I pulled everything out to dry it all out. I had it all over the driveway & garage. It was pretty crazy how much stuff there was. :Doh:

martinarcher

I only load it up in the spring and unload it in the fall, but it's lots of "stuff". The only things I take out each time are the keys, skis/boards and wet life vest.

I hear ya. We have a few giant rubbermaid totes that I store all the boat gear in over the winter. It's unreal how much you can stow...even in a DD! I can't imagine what you V-Drive guys can pack onboard!

I just commented last week that if I died, someone else would be finding things tucked into every nook and cranny in this boat for decades! Anyone use the area behind the side panel on the port side gunnel? Accessible from inside the front storage under the glove box to the left side of the boat and reaching toward the back. On a VLX. I have jumper cables, extra fenders, large 6,000lb cap tube rope,( for towing boats not tubes :rofl: ) and some extra anchor line. See what I mean?

Edited by dalt1
:biggrin: Living on the lake I don't keep much in mine. I do have a good tool kit. Ski and vest gloves always come out you never know who will pull next run. I also will not leave my ski in a hot spot or sun if I can help it. keys and radio face come out boat covered and raised in the lift. Key out of the lift at the end of the day.

I carry a back up for anything that can potentially keep my boat from running.

This is a lot of stuff. But, when you tow 4-6 hrs. to get to the lake, it's a necessity.

I know dude. We have our 6 boards, 5 skis, kneeboard, tubes, life jackets, guest life jackets, and cleaning stuff which take up a ton of space in our garage. I'm amazed that we could possibly fit all that stuff in, along with all of the anchors and buyoys (check my spelling) and stuff. we could have never fit that on our old 21 ft. maxum, but a 23 LSV has more length and storage.