Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lake Brew

augie09

With 4th of July upon us, we rented a pontoon for the 14 additional family members visiting this weekend. Can't fit 'em all on the 'bu, thank god! I wanted to set up a cooler full of some lake brew on the pontoon to keep those folks happy while the rest of us wakeboard nearby, but I've never really made a lake brew and know nothing of lake brew concoctions. To put this in perspective. I've owned my bu almost a year and have yet to have a single drink on it, although all my passengers seem to get pretty buzzed :whistle:

Any recipes are appreciated. Do anybody have a good one?

A guy a work with said to make a batch of 'hop, skip, go naked' which is a ratio of 3 beers, 1 can limeade, 1 can full of twisted gin

redneck sangria is easy, just mix vodka, some cheap white wine, hawaiian punch, maybe some juices, and cut up fruit and throw it all in the cooler. just don't let the kids eat any of the oranges out of it. :whistle: Can also do with rum and have a redneck mai tai but scrap the wine and use some pineapple juice.

24 beers, 40oz of vodka, 4 cans of concentrated lemonade throw it all in a cooler with a bag of ice and your good to go tastes like lemonade with a little kick

1 Half Gallon of PGA to 6 Gallons of Hawaiian Punch (Your choice of Flavor)...... enjoy your buzzed friends, while they enjoy the hangover the next morning..

24 beers, 40oz of vodka, 4 cans of concentrated lemonade throw it all in a cooler with a bag of ice and your good to go tastes like lemonade with a little kick

Besides it all getting drank up, do you notice the carbonated beer causing the batch to go bad after an hour or more of sitting?

Besides it all getting drank up, do you notice the carbonated beer causing the batch to go bad after an hour or more of sitting?

I never did when I was ten years younger and actually drank that stuff!

A guy a work with said to make a batch of 'hop, skip, go naked' which is a ratio of 3 beers, 1 can limeade, 1 can full of twisted gin

Too funny. We used to make those too. It was a case of crappy beer, a fifth of gin, a 2 liter of 7-up & a can of lime-aid. We never had a problem with it getting old or stale.... people drank it right up!

Now in my 40s we call that heartburn in a cup. :Doh:

Later we changed it up & made "poor man's margaritas". Basically just changed it to tequila. Sounds horrible, but the stuff never sat around.

Good luck & have a great 4th!

Trash Can Punch we made in college:

Scale ingredients to equal servings

3 parts fruit punch

2 parts Everclearl

1 part fruit

Slice the fruit. I recommend strawberries, oranges, lemons, and limes. Then mix the punch and everclear together in a clean trashcan with ice. Hawaiian punch is my preference, but you can use any sort of fruit punch. Make sure you use ice and have a blast.

Call it evolution, but we now use an Igloo 5 or 10 gallon "Beverage Cooler" instead of the trash can.

Have a Safe and Happy 4th.

no it usually doesnt last long enough to go bad

The batch of beers/gin/limeades worked perfect. sadly the pontoon did not. It broke down 4 hours after we rented it (for a planned 4 days). Owner was nice enough to refund 90% of our money since issue was oil leak. This did ruin many peoples mood, but I played host and took groups out on the 'bu in shifts while the others sat on the doc drinking the lake brew. Every time we can back in for shift change on boat, you could tell peoples moods where getting better. Lake brew to the rescue :rockon: