Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another Wedge problem - Please help!

kthurst20

First of all, 2006 Malibu Wakesetter 23LSV with a power wedge. Wedge will not go back up. My Actuators were ruined this spring because one stopped working which caused the other to bend and break. Anyway, I replaced the actuators and they work great going down, but will not go up! this is not a problem with the actuators. I switched polarity in the wires, and raised the wedge up by pushing the down button. Went up fine, but wouldn't go back down. I also tested the wires and I am getting no power to the one wire, so is the problem in the computer? The switch? I checked fuses, they are fine... Need help and next option is taking it to my "local" dealer but I don't want to do that until last resort because of driving distance and the time it will take to not have my 'Bu with me for the 4th!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

P.S.- I checked old threads, lots of talk about wedges not going up but not on a 2006, i cannot calibrate the wedge that I know of on this model...

Others with more experience may correct me, but my 08 has a safety feature that won't let the wedge go back up to stow position when the boat is not in motion. If you are trying to do this on the trailer, you may want to have someone spin the speedo paddlewheel so that the boat thinks it's in motion. That's what I was told by my dealer anyway.

Others with more experience may correct me, but my 08 has a safety feature that won't let the wedge go back up to stow position when the boat is not in motion. If you are trying to do this on the trailer, you may want to have someone spin the speedo paddlewheel so that the boat thinks it's in motion. That's what I was told by my dealer anyway.

Yes the boat must be moving to retract the wedge, spinning the paddlewheel will work.

YESS!!!!!!! Thank you guys so much! I went out and checked it and it is up and running! My 'Bu is back and ready for the 4th of July weekend! Thank you so much for the assistance. Once again this group saves the day!

YESS!!!!!!! Thank you guys so much! I went out and checked it and it is up and running! My 'Bu is back and ready for the 4th of July weekend! Thank you so much for the assistance. Once again this group saves the day!

This is a great website.