Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass Problems on 01 VLX

I might be a little windy, but I want to get all the details out there... Here it goes...

I just purchased the boat and I was told that they "disabled" perfect pass because they weren't able to properly calibrate the system. Turns out they pulled the power wire out of the module. So of course, since I want to use the perfect pass during our week in Georgia, I put the power wire back in the module and turned the boat on to see what would happen. I turned the key, display comes on showing that the system is off. I hear the solenoid auto-tighten the cable, and then I fire up the boat. Once the boat is started it automatically revs up. I go back and look at it, and perfect pass had tightened the throttle cable to where the throttle body had opened, hence the rpm increase.

So, I call perfect pass and they tell me it is a simple adjustment in the throttle cable and I should be all set. So I tinker around with the cable (I am mechanically inclined I should add). I adjust both at the throttle body and at the solenoid and can't seem to get the cable in the correct position to not open the throttle body. I know that the throttle cable was replaced on this boat last year.

I also did do my research and watched the troubleshooting videos on perfect pass' website and the only thing that I can think of is the solenoid auto-tightening is off. It states on their video that it should only turn 3/4 of a full rotation. Mine seems to turn over 1 full rotation. Is this a solenoid issue? Has anyone had this experience?

I would hate to take it to the dealer because I am sure it is something simple. Any help would be appreciated!

I might be a little windy, but I want to get all the details out there... Here it goes...

I just purchased the boat and I was told that they "disabled" perfect pass because they weren't able to properly calibrate the system. Turns out they pulled the power wire out of the module. So of course, since I want to use the perfect pass during our week in Georgia, I put the power wire back in the module and turned the boat on to see what would happen. I turned the key, display comes on showing that the system is off. I hear the solenoid auto-tighten the cable, and then I fire up the boat. Once the boat is started it automatically revs up. I go back and look at it, and perfect pass had tightened the throttle cable to where the throttle body had opened, hence the rpm increase.

So, I call perfect pass and they tell me it is a simple adjustment in the throttle cable and I should be all set. So I tinker around with the cable (I am mechanically inclined I should add). I adjust both at the throttle body and at the solenoid and can't seem to get the cable in the correct position to not open the throttle body. I know that the throttle cable was replaced on this boat last year.

I also did do my research and watched the troubleshooting videos on perfect pass' website and the only thing that I can think of is the solenoid auto-tightening is off. It states on their video that it should only turn 3/4 of a full rotation. Mine seems to turn over 1 full rotation. Is this a solenoid issue? Has anyone had this experience?

I would hate to take it to the dealer because I am sure it is something simple. Any help would be appreciated!

I've never heard of a servo tightening any more than necessary, it's simply taking up slack and testing tension. If you were fiddling with length of throttle cable it might explain why it had to wind more. I'm relaly not following your problem. If the "at rest" position of the throttle cable with perfect pass turned on is opening the throttle then the nuts on the end of the ppass cable need to be adjusted. If that's not enough movement then I would move the servo either closer to or further down the hose it is mounted to. You're just trying to get the length adjusted so that at idle the ppass cable isn't further opening the throttle.