Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lost manual wedge locking pins

Air Tahoe

Just like this other post below, I lost two pins that hold the wedge up. The thumbscrews came loose an the pins slid out the sides. I tried making my own but I didn't measure just right. They are fitting too tight.

I'd rather just order the factory pins. I see the part number but can't find a source by searching google. We have no Malibu boat dealer in Reno/Truckee anymore.

Does anyone know where I can get these wedge pins ONLINE to get the boat working properly for July 4th??

Thanks so much

------

Similar to this post:

Here are the pins I need: 6bd01f94.jpg

You sure you can't buy ss allen bolts to thread in? Take the pin to the hardware store. I don't know if it's metric or standard but something will work.

You sure you can't buy ss allen bolts to thread in? Take the pin to the hardware store. I don't know if it's metric or standard but something will work.

I need the pins!!!!! My wedge uses 4. I only have 2!

They are thick steel with holes stratigically placed for Allen bolts or wing nuts.

I need the pins!!!!! My wedge uses 4. I only have 2!

They are thick steel with holes stratigically placed for Allen bolts or wing nuts.

:no: .....I guess you'll have to contact your dealer :whistle:

Edited by Ndawg12

Bakes is going to try to look around for a set but the guy on the phone didn't seem to upbeat about it.

He thinks that they don't have the wedge parted out. In other words you have to sacrifice an old wedge to get the pins, or build them yourself. Malibu boats doesn't answer their phone and apparently closed their merced factory.

I have the metal supplies to build the pins myself, but just don't have a drill press to get the holes dead even. And you also have to have a special drill bit that will open up and flatten the end of the area that you screw for the bolt. That you can get enough threads on the pin, without drilling at the way through. A machine shop even told me they don't have that ability. And they wanted $45 just to drill two holes. I got the other supplies and tools for $80.

I'd rather just buy a set already made if someone knows anymore. Otherwise I'll attempt to build them again with better luck this time hopefully.

• 7 years later...

I want to say...

This is BS / WTF, I am not a mechanical engineer, but I would never assemble these pieces without using any type of threadlocker. What other parts are going to "fall off" my boat?

So, I do not have replacement parts, and now my wedge is Jerry rigged and inoperable !

BTW, Wedge for sale: $300.

Used from 2012 Response you need to get 1 replacement pin, spring and thumbscrew lol.

I went to the dealer to get the pins for mine a couple weeks ago.  Ridiculous price.....  But I didn't see any other options.  I did use thread lock when I put it back together.