Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'12 Response

Jay1

The TXi is aimed at the tournament skier with changes in the hull and some interior items. The hull has been tweaked to improve the wake for the slalom skier which does make the sides seem a bit taller at the transom, the interior changes include a matt black dash and the taller windscreen with less trailing glass. Should be a very nice boat, I do agree that unfortunately it was done off the LXi size and not the LX size. Peter makes several excellent points.

The more I see that windshield the more I like it. Of course everyone's opinion is different, but I say Malibu got the form AND function right with that windshield.

That was the revised mirror mount that existed for one year before they dropped PCW as a vendor.

pb

Have that mirror on my 08

This mirror mount kinda sucks. For a boat that spends all its time on tournament glass....fine.

But for a boat that sees open water (Tahoe in my case a lot), that arm provides a huge moment arm to pull the screws loose from the bracket, and loosen the screw at the base of the windshield.

I had to tighten mine daily in chop....hoping the Red threadlock i put in there helps it stay tight a while longer.

I'd rather have the clamp on style from the 07....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the pics Peter.. I am still not sure about the Surf Couch idea on the back of that MXZ... It seems like the rear compartments are much smaller. Do the cushions flip up on the couch as well to gain access?

• 9 months later...

Now that the TXi has been out for a while, does anybody have any input on the wake for barefooting? Is it closer at all to the 03-06 LXi?

I haven't had a chance to yet, but I've heard it's great, and it looks much better. Should have a chance soon.

Peter

Can't comment on the barefooting, but one big difference we have noticed is that the Txi is MUCH better in rough water than our old 2005 Rlxi. Not only is it less prone to take water over the bow, but it is much smoother going over wakes and chop.

Parents just bought a new TXi and I had a 06' RLXi before I bought their SSLXi. (that's a confusing sentence.) I primarily foot and ski and I can tell you first hand that I felt like I was behind my 06 when barefooting behind theirs. The wake shape is very similar. I was not a fan of the 07-11 years for barefooting. It is also very similar to my 04 SSLXi which has always been my preferred long line pull. I think Malibu hit the nail on the head with the TXi. The tracking of the boat is incredible.

I love my 2012 Response TXi.......awesome buoy boat.

I replaced my '02 Response LX (step-over open bow), '94 Echelon Closed Bow, '86 Skier. all great boats.

The Boats keep getting better and better. Peter's summary is spot on. I put a tower / wedge on for re-sale and the annual trip to Shasta. We use the TXi 95% of the time as a bouy tractor at 34 mph and between 22 and 35-off. Compared to our other boats the TXi has a great wake, excellent tracking and steering, and a much larger interior. We got the boat with just about all the options, of which the Salt Water Package / Fully closed cooling system is really, really well done. The SRP include stainless throughout the entire boat, even including SS gas shocks and misc brackets....first class product! Heated driver seat is great in the cooler months.

We got the boat in November and have about 30 hours of slalom course use on it now. Malibu makes a high quality product and has always treated me well.

I will post some pictures,

John

I'm from Australia and have had a new Txi with 6L engine for 3 months. We foot 50% & slalom 50% and our previous boats have been an 04 RLxi & 07 RLxi. Our footing is 50% long line and 50% on boom, my experience is that Txi long line wash is much better than our 07 RLxi, wake is noticeably smaller than either the 04 or 07 and the prop wash trough of the 07 is much less of an issue on the Txi. It is still present but is now more froth & bubbles than the defined trough of the 07 to get tripped & stuck in.

Boom spray for footing is similar to old 07 but boat loading & boom extensions deal with this fairly easily. Overall we are very happy with the changes in and performance of the Txi for our boat use, main likes are - wash much improved over 07 and new screen & seating work well together.

Hope this provides the feed back you are looking for.

Cheers Ian J

Yes that is what i was hoping to hear! Now its just a matter of waiting for the right one and saving...

Does anybody know if the XTP towers on the RLXis and TXis fold down? Im assuming they do but im not sure. Thanks

Edited by jaciche