Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'12 Response

Jay1

Response LX is a great waterski boat.

A 2010 has the same characteristics as a 1998 Response LX.

Unlike wake board boats which keep getting heavier and wider, the best waterski boat is the narrowest and lightest on a good hull.

One of my crew picked up a used 2004 Response LX with a 340 monsoon a couple of years ago. What a hotrod.

A little light on interior space and the stepover bulkhead means that nobody sits up there, Otherwise a perfect slalom machine.

Edited by DONTW8

Saw the boat at the plant 2 weeks ago. Boat looks awesome! Dont be looking for any significant changes to the look of the TXI. There are some (taller wrap around windshield, Simpler Dash, new graphics) but the magic will come from whats underneath the boat. Be ready to be amazed my friends

Anyone have any more updated information they can give out? We are looking to make the move to the Response line from our Wakesetter. All the dealer told us he knew was the TXi was replacing the LXi. Word he got was that it would be a 20' 6'' boat with a 98'' beam. Other than that he didn't know anything.

my dealer told me it will now be called the response txi, the hull will be "tweaked" dont know anything else

Chimining with Fred, they have put more hull in the water and made it track better.

Chimining with Fred, they have put more hull in the water.....

More wetted hull than the RLXi? I hope not too much more.

Peter

Any one know if you can order the boat with a different color between the Hull accent and the Hull main? there is a litte edge there, a friend of mine did it a wakesetter...

Any one know if you can order the boat with a different color between the Hull accent and the Hull main? there is a litte edge there, a friend of mine did it a wakesetter...

Yes. Look at the image again - Hull main is large area, Hull Accent is the bottom corner, and Hull Accent 2 is the stripe, as was on the Anniversary Edition and all Sunscape's. I've actually done it lots on 07-11's, but it was by request. Now it's a standard color stripe.

Peter

The TXi was shown at the King of Darkness event. The hull has been tweaked to reduce the deadrise and make the wake softer. Other improvements include a taller windshield with a shorter sweep rearward to allow a boom to go out the side and better ability to interact with a person in the water beside the boat. They had a nice matte black dash to reduce glare. Certainly all changes to cater to the skier crowd.

Yes. Look at the image again - Hull main is large area, Hull Accent is the bottom corner, and Hull Accent 2 is the stripe, as was on the Anniversary Edition and all Sunscape's. I've actually done it lots on 07-11's, but it was by request. Now it's a standard color stripe.

Peter

it looks like that line goes all the way above the main hull stripe and is in regards to the stripe just below the rub rail...could be mistaken but glad it can be done anyways...

On another note I hope Malibu recognizes your efforts on this site Peter, obviously your in business and I hope it has aided you there, but sharing insights on this site are greatly helpful and informative...if you were only on my side of the continent I would definitley buy my next boat from ya!

Edited by Jay1

Ah! Jay, you may be quite right. I didn't look at close as you did, and may have assumed incorrectly.

Peter

EDIT: Just to avoid confusion, this is NOT a TXi. These are photos of a RLXi.

You want this look :

DSCF2340.jpg

DSCF2344.jpg

DSCF2345.jpg

Edited by SmoothWaterMan

TXi is in ispec but they don't have a writeup on it. LXi is gone from the lineup.

TXi actually looks like the FXi in ispec. HIGH freeboard. Hope that's a mistake in ispec... :(

Edited by UWSkier