Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Get High Sports Fat Sacs...

Rfisher

A couple of years ago i bought 2 "v drive twins" from this company. They are actually fantastic bags (made out of the same stuff river rafts are made of) but im trying to find the piece that screws into the bag that the hose is connected to so i can fill it up. Im not sure if they are out of business but their contacts section doesnt work. Does anybody know if all fat sacs are filled via the same size diameter opening - and if so, where can i buy some of these fittings? Here is a pic of what im talking about at the website below. ITs the blue things all the way at the bottom on their pumps.

http://www.gethighsports.net/wakesacks.htm

Bo

Got a furniture / bed store near you that sells waterbeds?

That blue piece is a hose adapter for a waterbed.

No since in paying $5 freight for a $3 item. :no:

LOL, are there stores that still sell waterbeds? I guess they'd be in the same part of town as the guy who will put a mural on the side of your van and the gold medallion shop?

LOL, are there stores that still sell waterbeds? I guess they'd be in the same part of town as the guy who will put a mural on the side of your van and the gold medallion shop?

Geez give the guy a break...

It's next to the futon store :lol:

If any town in the country still has waterbed stores it would be a town like Reno. :whistle:

Probably in one of those fine strip malls with a tattoo parlor, a cig mart, and a pawn shop. :yes:

:Tease3:

lol...thanks guys, ill hit my local water bed store today. I remember seeing one just down the road : )

For real though, Thanks :) ill report back.

ahhhh the 80's............

I still remember when my water bed sprang a huge leak and i was on the third floor in an apartment.......where waterbeds were not allowed Whistling.gifWhistling.gif

ahhhh the 80's............

I still remember when my water bed sprang a huge leak and i was on the third floor in an apartment.......where waterbeds were not allowed Whistling.gifWhistling.gif

OK, now im just lost. Im trying to be "cheap" and piece together a kit like bakes or wakemakers system without buying their kit. Only reason being i already have 2 450lb bags that are in great condition, so i see no need to purchase a kit that comes with another fat sac that i have no use for. Can anyone help me piece together a kit like the wakemakers kit, but do it with waterbed fittings? Im looking to tie both bags into the factory system :) hoping to not go over $75. Im thinking i can just use the waterbed fittings, hoses, clamps etc..and end up with the same setup no?

OK, now im just lost. Im trying to be "cheap" and piece together a kit like bakes or wakemakers system without buying their kit. Only reason being i already have 2 450lb bags that are in great condition, so i see no need to purchase a kit that comes with another fat sac that i have no use for. Can anyone help me piece together a kit like the wakemakers kit, but do it with waterbed fittings? Im looking to tie both bags into the factory system :) hoping to not go over $75. Im thinking i can just use the waterbed fittings, hoses, clamps etc..and end up with the same setup no?

Dude, I'm about as tight as it comes but I would never suggest an automated/ permanent system using bags with those fittings...

Dude, I'm about as tight as it comes but I would never suggest an automated/ permanent system using bags with those fittings...

haha, are they that bad? never used them before.

Depends, I've never seen their sacs but if they're as flimsy as my Aerials you'll never get a tight seal. Save up for some new Fly Highs, they are the best quality by far IMO.

Depends, I've never seen their sacs but if they're as flimsy as my Aerials you'll never get a tight seal. Save up for some new Fly Highs, they are the best quality by far IMO.

:plus1: I can't believe how rugged mine are, and the quick connects are so sweet.

I still have 3 or 4 of the old Get High Sports Sacks. In general they were very well made for their time. The Fly High sacks are a huge step above though. If you were really set on using your old sacks, I would seal the fitting to the hose adapter with some strong permanent/semi-permanent sealant. Once you stuff those sacks in the back hatches and leave a hose attached it will pop loose and eventually strip the fittings on the sack if you dont.

Definitely wont regret buying new sacks but for now those and some good sealant might do the trick.

I still have 3 or 4 of the old Get High Sports Sacks. In general they were very well made for their time. The Fly High sacks are a huge step above though. If you were really set on using your old sacks, I would seal the fitting to the hose adapter with some strong permanent/semi-permanent sealant. Once you stuff those sacks in the back hatches and leave a hose attached it will pop loose and eventually strip the fittings on the sack if you dont.

Definitely wont regret buying new sacks but for now those and some good sealant might do the trick.

Holy Crap Doogles, nice wave. How many sacs were in that boat?

Thanks :- ) That was stock quad ballast all but non-surf side full, power wedge 1 click from down, a 750 in the back, a 350 under the seat, 250 on the seat, four people, and another 150 on the surf side of the bow... To keep this relevant two of the sacks were the old get high sports sacks!

so basically i need to save up and just pull the plug and buy some new sacs.

What do yall recommend i buy. I know i will most likely buy the Bakes 750 piggy back system for the rear. What else do i need? a 350 on the drivers side under the seat? Its an 11 vlx with quad ballast.

Regardless of how you're filling them (plumbed ballast, throwing pumps overboard, or piggyback) I would suggest a pair of the 750's for the rear. Then I use one of these: http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-tube-sac.html for under the seat for surfing, or in the aisle way for wakeboarding. For wakeboarding I am using one of these in the bow: http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-open-bow-sac.html, but if I had to do it again I think I would go with either this: http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-integrated-bow-sac.html or http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-rear-seat-sac.html, reason being the first one is just too heavy if you fill it up all the way and it would be nice to have a sack that was 100% full to take the guess work out of the equation. Finally a fat cube is always nice to balance the person who is always in the wrong seat : http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-fat-brick.html.

Really is no reason to not just keep use the sacks you already have, unless you're planning on hard plumbing some in the rear future......

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...