Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

So I sold my Bu.... ;(

Calexan

Ok its not that bad, I got the urge at the beginning of the year to sell my baby. 6-16-11Sync232.jpg

My dealer was talking me into upgrading and after finding her a good home to go to that was it.... She was gone. :cry: Sold the boat the week before Memorial day.... ugh! Hopefully the new owner will join the crew, so i can stay in touch with how shes doing. (I left the Bu crew keychains on the keys ;) )

My new one came in early June and after getting all my stereo hooked up I finally got to take her out. So I went from the 23 to the 247 and good lord this thing is big. No wonder Ive heard it called the wake limo. But boy does it ride great in rough water. All i know is that im super excited and just wanted to share with you guys!!!! :yahoo: Now to get everything dialed in in time for Brostock, which by the way is anyone from here going? Be sure to yell at me and say hi if you are!

-C

6-16-11Sync266.jpg

6-16-11Sync264-1.jpg

Edited by Calexan

Congrats on the new BU. That thing looks NASTY!! In a good way of course. What are you running as far as your stereo system goes?

I loved your last BU, but this one is just as awesome!

Great looking new ride.

Curious where the shot of the new boat was taken. Leave it to a utility guy to notice the substation in the background.

Thanks everybody for sharing in the excitement with me! Free Rides if anybody is ever close to Hot Springs, AR!!!! haha

Its hard to screw up any combination of Red & Black. I sure do miss the all black boat and surprisingly it wasnt just awful to maintain, just hotter then hell. The first time i leaned over to grab something out of the water I learned my lesson! But I really wanted a color tower and with limited color I decided on a Red boat this time.

Congrats on the new BU. That thing looks NASTY!! In a good way of course. What are you running as far as your stereo system goes?

I loved your last BU, but this one is just as awesome!

Right now it still has the stock interior which sound pretty decent, might switch to some Wetsounds stuff at some point. Pretty disappointed in the Rockford Sub that comes stock. Will Def. be switch back to the Wetsound XXX sub I had in the last boat with a Syn 1, but for now the stock RF is there.

As for the Tower I pulled out the RF Amp that came stock for tower speakers and replaced it with 2 Syn-2 Amps Bridged to 2 pairs of Wetsounds Rev8's for now, and will be switching to the Rev 10's when they are available. They rock right now though and am super happy with the new series.

Great looking new ride.

Curious where the shot of the new boat was taken. Leave it to a utility guy to notice the substation in the background.

Hahaha That was a sudden urge to find a background after leaving the tint shop. It was only warehouses around there so the substation seemed to be the coolest thing around there. But I really wanted to take some comparison photos of the before and after tint look...

care to elaborate more on the switch from 23 to 247? I sold my 23 right before labor day as well, and we were initially going to go down to a vlx but I dont think I can. So I started looking at the 247's. My wife thinks its to big.

Are there any areas that the 247 is much harder then the 23? loading unloading steering etc?

any reason you would want a 23 again instead of the 247?

thanks for the help.

My buddy has the 247RX and it handles great in the water. I would have no reservations jumping from my 21' VLX to a 247 eventually. It is very big around the docks which is tough sometimes, but trailering it is usually pretty straightforward.

I think a color coordinated tow vehicle is in order. The yellow tow vehicle does compliment either a black/red or red/black boat.

Just doing my part to help you spend your hard earned money, no thanks is necessary, I do this all the time. :whistle:

Edited by LS-One

I think a color coordinated tow vehicle is in order. The yellow tow vehicle does compliment either a black/red or red/black boat.

Just doing my part to help you spend your hard earned money, no thanks is necessary, I do this all the time. :whistle:

:plus1: Your yellow tow truck would look great with my yello Bu, I'm thinking maybe red (if it works) or black.

Edited by REW