Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bow light not getting power

I'm trying to get the bow light on my sunsetter working and have an interesting problem I cant solve. The old bulb was in good shape, but old, so I took some steel wool to the leads inside the case of the light. I popped the bulb in and it worked for about 5 seconds, then blew out but no fuse blew. Thinking the bulb blew because it was old, I picked up a new bulb and popped it in and now that bulb does not light at all, but its obviously in good shape. Now when I test the power I am pulling 12v with the switch on and the bulb out, but once the bulb goes in there is no power, and the volt meter drops to 0v when I test it. But again, I pull the bulb and test the leads and they show 12v. Any ideas? :Frustrated:

I'm trying to get the bow light on my sunsetter working and have an interesting problem I cant solve. The old bulb was in good shape, but old, so I took some steel wool to the leads inside the case of the light. I popped the bulb in and it worked for about 5 seconds, then blew out but no fuse blew. Thinking the bulb blew because it was old, I picked up a new bulb and popped it in and now that bulb does not light at all, but its obviously in good shape. Now when I test the power I am pulling 12v with the switch on and the bulb out, but once the bulb goes in there is no power, and the volt meter drops to 0v when I test it. But again, I pull the bulb and test the leads and they show 12v. Any ideas? :Frustrated:

If I'm understanding correctly, you're getting 12v on the ports with bulb out? Then how are you testing with bulb in? I'd say try another bulb. :dontknow:

I've tried 3 new bulbs with no luck. I'm testing the same spot whether the bulb is in or out. Volts drop to zero when the bulb is in.