Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

BUYING A 2000 23 SUNSCAPE LSV....THOUGHTS??

BG2085

Getting close to pulling the trigger on a 2000 23LSV. Boat only has 120 hours and looks like it just came off the factory floor. Anything to look for in this year/model? Ive always owned outboard boats and this will be my first inboard. Thanks

Things to look out for...... dried out &/or cracked belts, hoses, impeller, tires, etc.... basically anything rubber. Dry rot in the seams on the upholstery, covers, etc. Have a mechanic look at it, and scope the cylinder walls. It'll be the best $100 you ever spend on it.

Good luck & send pics.

will do. the interior looks absolutely mint but the engine is what im most interested in. i would rather the boat have 300 hours than 120. Any rec's on a tower

I bought mine (2000 Escape 23 LSV) this spring with 230 hrs and other than a couple of small water leaks (raw water system), a coolant leak (I have a closed cooling system on my LS1), and a stuffing box that still needs adjusting, all of the work I have done has been cosmetic or making my hoist work with the new boat. Both engines available in 2000 (the Monsoon and the LS1) are great engines - I would run it to stat open and verify that there is no water in the oil and the compression check / cylinder bore inspection mentioned earlier is good insurance.

I bought mine (2000 Escape 23 LSV) this spring with 230 hrs and other than a couple of small water leaks (raw water system), a coolant leak (I have a closed cooling system on my LS1), and a stuffing box that still needs adjusting, all of the work I have done has been cosmetic or making my hoist work with the new boat. Both engines available in 2000 (the Monsoon and the LS1) are great engines - I would run it to stat open and verify that there is no water in the oil and the compression check / cylinder bore inspection mentioned earlier is good insurance.

what tower do you have?

BG

I had a 2000 Escape with an LS-1 (hence the screen name), it's a fun motor but really not a good wake board motor. They don't enjoy being lugged down with lots of weight. That boat was darn fast though.

I had a 2000 Escape with an LS-1 (hence the screen name), it's a fun motor but really not a good wake board motor. They don't enjoy being lugged down with lots of weight. That boat was darn fast though.

this one has the monsoon. i wakeboard but we are buying for a family boat mostly...tubing, chilling, cruising etc

what tower do you have?

BG

I do not have a tower - I really did not want one as I need to cross under a bridge. At least for the time being, it is more of a family / ski / tube boat so I do not really have a need - we will see what happens as the kids get older.

I have an 03 23lsv Sunscape/Wakesetter. I think there are only slight changes beyond the name from the 00 Escape you're looking at. We love the boat. I dare say it's one of the best "large" crossover V drives out there (crossover because it's a diamond hull). Does everything well, and I was pleasantly surprised at the ski wake too. I'm not a pro wakeboarder, but I'm super happy with that wake too with a little weight and the wedge. And also for wakesurfing -- I surfed ropeless no problem with just the wedge and about 500 lb fat sac (have more ballast now -- even better of course). Plenty of storage if you don't go crazy with ballast too. Great, large, all purpose boat IMO. Glad I bought mine. Call Star One for a Titan Series III tower and you'll be set.

Edited by rugger

just ran the boat for the first time yesterday and i love it. its a perfect family boat. it has a 116 hours on it and i hope i put 1000

I bought a 2001 lsv same model 215 hours and we love it.. Curious if I post a pic if soemone can tell me who makes the tower as I want to add a Bimini top

I bought a 2001 lsv same model 215 hours and we love it.. Curious if I post a pic if soemone can tell me who makes the tower as I want to add a Bimini top

Post it up!