Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kids on the water 2011

Fman

Here is my youngest son, Tanner, 8 years old.... starting to practice spinning the board and grinding the wakes at lower speeds, he usually rides at about 18 MPH at normal speed, 12 when trying new tricks.

post-15179-098003000 1308637070_thumb.jp

post-15179-063733700 1308637083_thumb.jp

Edited by Fman

Here is my 17 year old, he broke his hand playing rugby this year.... so no wakeboarding, only surfing this season. He has a cast on his arm in this picture.... other pic is of my 8 year old surfing.

post-15179-086420200 1308668194_thumb.jp

post-15179-070781700 1308668211_thumb.jp

Daughter complaining that her hands hurt after being up for about 15 minutes...

244393_2006165706770_1022463014_3928353_5993316_o.jpg

My son hamming it up....

257885_2006164626743_1022463014_3928351_6430285_o.jpg

Me riding doubles with my daughter (avatar pic):

243075_2006150386387_1022463014_3928325_1320278_o.jpg

Here are a couple more from last summer:

My daughter at 11:

DSC_2718.jpg

Me and my daughter:

DSC_1915.jpg

My son at 13:

DSC_1807.jpg

DSC_2604.jpg

DSC_2601.jpg

So glad summer is here again!

Kris

Edited by BSUBU_Kris

Travis,

We watched your kids riding when we were changing riders. Great stuff! Nothing better than the kids getting out there....

Justin,

Likewise, saw quite a few kids behind your boat, nothing better than being on the water with your family.... This is what its about for me, no video games, texting, etc... when we are on the boat its great to have everyone cheer each other on. Imagine your kids having to talk to each other rather than text????

We were fortunate enough to have Seth Stisher at the lake again this year for a 3 day ski clinic. My 12 year old made the most out of the time w/ her BFF, Seth..... and turned out to be alot better student then her dad.

post-5162-058359600 1308746298_thumb.jpg

post-5162-038191900 1308746304_thumb.jpg

post-5162-004868600 1308746312_thumb.jpg

Edited by davemac

First time we got my 2 year old out on a tube yesterday! We just got this massive thing for the purpose of being able to have one of us "responsible" adults go on with him to get him used to being pulled behind the boat. When we first asked him if he wanted to go on the tube (it wasn't inflated yet), he said no right away and said "scared." So I blew it up anyways and as soon as he saw it all blown up and we asked him again if he wanted to go on it with his mama, he said "YEAH!"

And that was the beginning of the end. We towed him for close to a mile at about 10 mph and he was smiling and waving back at me and telling his mom how cool he thought it was. We switched it up and I went out for a ride with him and he was climbing all over me, trying to stand up on the tube, being a little daredevil. Then when we stopped and were getting pulled back in to the boat, he kept saying "no, stay on tube dada." That made my day. Can't wait to get him back out there again this weekend! I'll have to remember to bring my good camera, the iPhone doesn't cut it for capturing moments like this!

TonyonTube.jpg

Edited by jtrovato

First time we got my 2 year old out on a tube yesterday! We just got this massive thing for the purpose of being able to have one of us "responsible" adults go on with him to get him used to being pulled behind the boat. When we first asked him if he wanted to go on the tube (it wasn't inflated yet), he said no right away and said "scared." So I blew it up anyways and as soon as he saw it all blown up and we asked him again if he wanted to go on it with his mama, he said "YEAH!"

And that was the beginning of the end. We towed him for close to a mile at about 10 mph and he was smiling and waving back at me and telling his mom how cool he thought it was. We switched it up and I went out for a ride with him and he was climbing all over me, trying to stand up on the tube, being a little daredevil. Then when we stopped and were getting pulled back in to the boat, he kept saying "no, stay on tube dada." That made my day. Can't wait to get him back out there again this weekend! I'll have to remember to bring my good camera, the iPhone doesn't cut it for capturing moments like this!

TonyonTube.jpg

Congrats Jtravato. That's the start to lots of years pulling tubes! :rofl:

Been there,done that. It's a great way to get them started on the water.

Congrats Jtravato. That's the start to lots of years pulling tubes! :rofl:

Been there,done that. It's a great way to get them started on the water.

Yeah, I knew that was coming! However, after he got off the tube I went wakeboarding and when I got back on the boat he said to me "I try that now." I think he's got another Summer or two, and then he's on a tiny wakeboard! At least he's getting used to being pulled behind the boat at only 2 years old to get that fear overcome so it should be an easy transition into a real wake sport!

• 1 month later...