Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lenco Wedge Actuator Warranty

Not sure how many are aware and the process to receive new wedge actuators if you are out of factory warranty. I had both actuators replaced last week. There is a 3 year warranty on the actuators direct from Lenco. They will not deal with your dealer but direct with you. If you have replacement actuators fail that are less than 3 years old and you are outside the malibu factory warranty you can get a new set from Lenco at no charge. Need your original work-order and receipt showing when they went in and the actuators themselves. Make a warranty claim on their website and they may or may have you send the old ones in.

Good to know... I don't plan to replace $750 worth of actuators on the next three years but if I do Lenco is picking up the tab for the parts.

I'm trying to figure out how that's even possible, they will be installed at malibu and in service in the eyes Lenco at that time well before you recieve the boat, both should be covered by a 3 year warranty. I've tore a pair of those apart, I was not impressed to say the least.

Edited by Ndawg12

I'm trying to figure out how that's even possible, they will be installed at malibu and in service in the eyes Lenco at that time well before you recieve the boat, both should be covered by a 3 year warranty. I've tore a pair of those apart, I was not impressed to say the least.

Once you are past the 3 year malibu warranty; Malibu is no longer obligated to you. In my case where I am out of factory warranty (3 years and 5 months), I paid for the actuator repair myself. The Lenco parts installed have a 3 year warranty from Lenco. The angle is.... the warranty claim to Lenco is done by the owner of the boat not the dealer.

New actuators are different than the older ones. I think they changed the design late 08'. They are sealed now.

All they, from what I saw, was add a different boot at the end of the motor housing where the shaft moves in and out. My buddy bought a pair a few months ago and they were different, 1 old style and 1 new, so if you're buying them from anyone other the Lenco directly (not sure if that's even possible) I would double check this.

Once you are past the 3 year malibu warranty; Malibu is no longer obligated to you. In my case where I am out of factory warranty (3 years and 5 months), I paid for the actuator repair myself. The Lenco parts installed have a 3 year warranty from Lenco. The angle is.... the warranty claim to Lenco is done by the owner of the boat not the dealer.

I got yuh, so if you need a 3rd pair within the next 3 years you will have to deal with lenco directly.

• 3 weeks later...

Will Lenco warranty damaged caused by hitting a submerged object? The eyelets on both actuators on my boat were sheared after we hit something. Its a longshot, but better than dropping $800

Will Lenco warranty damaged caused by hitting a submerged object? The eyelets on both actuators on my boat were sheared after we hit something. Its a longshot, but better than dropping $800

A veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy longshot!!