Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mid Ballast Wiring

Shuswap VLX

New here, replacing the mid ballast pumps on an 07 VLX Wakesetter. Trying to save some time, replacment cartridges came with about 10 feet of wire, rather than trying to trace to old pump wires back to the connection can anyone let me know where they tie in? Is it worth running that far back or just splice at the source and use a water proof splice kit?

Thanks!!!!!!!

Yiu will find that they are sliced inside the wire loom anyways.peel the wire out of the loom and cut the wire at the splice and then reprice with waterproof butt connectors like malibu used.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to do this yesterday, I see that the wire loom is behind two panels, one containing the throttle assembly breaker panel and the stereo, the second panel just rests on top of it. How do you get access to the wire loom behind these panels? Pretty sure this is where the butt connectors currently splice the pumps in. No obvious method of removal. Does Malibu have service manuals for the boat itself (not the engine) available?

No the wire loom around the wire coming off the pump itself. There is a buttsplice in that loom. The wire that comes attached to the pumps is only about 4' long so and it gets cut back. I just did this myself about 3 weeks ago.

Edited by 06vlx

Got it, that was waaaayyy easier than what I was thinking - was going to trace back to the central loom running fore and aft. One done, one to go, thanks again!