Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winterize '02 Response LX Corvette LS1

What is involved in winterizing an '02 Response LX with a Corvette LS1. I understand it has a closed cooling system so does it need any winterizing at all?

• 1 year later...

You mentioned that you found the manual, but I don't think it says anything about changing the antifreeze in a closed system other than taking it to a dealer. Does anyone have any experience in changing/flushing the closed cooling system on a 2001 Response? I'm hoping it doesn't need any special tools or systems to flush it.

I haven't seen any instructions; probably just remove the block drain plugs and the plug for the heat exchanger.

My habit it just to drain the heat exchanger every year (easy to do) and refill with fresh coolant. It doesn't get all of it out but a lot is removed...I figure if I do it yearly the coolant will stay fresh enough. :)

Thanks for posting the LS1 drain instructions. I would still be somewhat worried about getting all of the water out - I have just been purging with ~3 gal of RV antifreeze.

For those flushing/filling the closed cooling system portion of the system, remember to use Sierra or another brand of non-toxic (propylene glycol based) coolant.