Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Toggle switch question

Big-K

As of now the boat speakers need to be cranked wide open for the person wakking to hear, without buying a eq, i am simply going to buy another amp and run three systems per say. one amp for the tower speakers, one amp for the in boat, and one amp for the sub. I have all the wires run and it sounds 10 times better running the speakers off a amp rather then the head unit. I have a free toggle switch on the dash, i would like a crash course on how the switches are set up. Amps on the light should come on? I am just going to run a 12v switch wire through the switch then to the amp. Can anyone forsee any issues in doing it this way?

Thanks for any help!

Kirk

I wouldn't do it exactly that way. I would run your head unit/source unit power off of that switch. Then run the 12v+ remote turn on to the amps from the source unit. That way the source unit powers up and then turns on your amps. Run a small 1-3 amp fuse inline between the 12v+ constant from the switch and the source unit if it doesn't already have one. Sometimes you can get a nasty turn on/off thump when you separate the turn on sequence like that. Not saying its always an issue but it can happen.

Big difference when you let the amps do the heavy lifting in the system, and leave the source unit to providing the signal. Sounds like you'll be loving it this summer.

There should be one open spade terminal on one of the aux switches on the dash. Connect your 12v+ to that and when you flip the switch the light will turn on and so will the rest of your system.

Edited by 06vlx