Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

what prop

malibu nz

what would be a good all round prop for a 1999 wakesetter.I think the boat has 340 hp motor .we will use the boat just for waterskiing.would 4 or 3 blade be the best and what size would i need.

Thanks Todd

Wakesetter Direct drive? or Wakesetter VLX?

This prop application chart might help in our resouce library: Prop Page Link - There is a factory application gude and a aftermarket :step guide" One of these should help you out some

-Paul

What prop is on the boat now? What change in performance are you looking for?

Skier-To-Skier carries OJ props. :thumbup: I have a 13 X 12 XMP Edge CNC'd 3 blade on my Sporty and couldn't be happier. If you go to the Skier-To-Skier site they answer some frequently asked questions. If you have more questions or would like the recommendation of someone that really knows props you can e-mail Max through their site. Great customer service and very competitive pricing.

hi, i have imported the boat from the USA and it had no prop .will have a look at skier to skier . what would be the better 3 or 4 blade

Thanks Todd

hi, i have imported the boat from the USA and it had no prop .will have a look at skier to skier . what would be the better 3 or 4 blade?

For skiing? A CNC'd 3 blade. Either a 13 X 12 or 13 X 11.5 OJ XMP Edge.

Either shoot Max at Skier To Skier an e-mail (or call him) or drop Eric Johnson a PM. Eric is a member here and is with OJ Props. Either one of those guys would know which would be best for your application.

Personally I would stick with a 3 Blade.

On my old 98 Response I went from a 3 blade stainless 13x13 to a Acme 13x12 3 blade and the performance and handling was a dramatic difference.

Acme is the OEM prop for Malibu boats, OJ makes a good product too but to be honest i'm not as familiar with OJ as I am with Acme Props.

-Paul