Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sac'n 2002 LSV

Fitz33

Yo crew! Picked up a 2002 wakesetter lsv this spring, love the boat but need more weight. I thought the wake was decent for wake boarding until last week when we had 9 people on board, the wake was much better! Sooo Yesterday I ordered the wake makers tank buster 750's. My question is for wake boarding how can I get a great quality wake? Probably gonna need a lot more weight to sink the lsv and get the same quality of the vlx. I have the ski locker ballast and wedge, I think that ski locker sac is 500 pounds. Anyone have this boat and any tips? Do you think I will need another sac in the bow?

750's with the wedge is probably a little much for the rear. You will need more weight in the bow. If you are going to be doing this often consider another prop for more low end. I know there are some threads on this topic. "Search" is a good thing

750's with the wedge is probably a little much for the rear. You will need more weight in the bow. If you are going to be doing this often consider another prop for more low end. I know there are some threads on this topic. "Search" is a good thing

Agreed I was thinking half full or so in the rear, anyone have this boat???????

Your starting point is 60/40 rear/bow on weight (dont for get about the motor weight). If you go to the 750's in the lockers (1500 total) you will need more in the bow. You have about 500 now in the forward area with the stock bag, so another 500 or so up front will be a good starting point. People (dynamic ballast) count too dont be afraid to put a couple peolpe in the bow to help ballance the weight, this type of ballast is good for ballancing from port to starbard as well.

Good luck and play around with the weight a bit to find the wake you want out of your Bu.