Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A20 Surf Wave

98buphon

Has anyone dialed in a surf wave on a Axis A20? I'm having some trouble getting mine figured out on the regular side. Haven't tried goofy yet but I'll take advice on that as well. Thanks for any info.

Michael

Has anyone dialed in a surf wave on a Axis A20? I'm having some trouble getting mine figured out on the regular side. Haven't tried goofy yet but I'll take advice on that as well. Thanks for any info.

Michael

I have never seen an Axis is person so I can't really help but I see your in Ohio... There is a WOW comming up in Ohio. You should try and go I'm sure everyone will help dial in the wave! :rockon:

I have never seen an Axis is person so I can't really help but I see your in Ohio... There is a WOW comming up in Ohio. You should try and go I'm sure everyone will help dial in the wave! :rockon:

Thanks Levi. Chattwake helped me out already. I was there last year with my Vride and will be there again this year with the Axis. Can't wait! Too bad you can't join us.

Thanks Levi. Chattwake helped me out already. I was there last year with my Vride and will be there again this year with the Axis. Can't wait! Too bad you can't join us.

I know man, someday I'll make it. I was actually thinking about looking at flights out there. I'm sure there will be room on someones boat... :crazy:

I know man, someday I'll make it. I was actually thinking about looking at flights out there. I'm sure there will be room on someones boat... :crazy:

I'm all by myself on my boat this year. So there is plenty of room man. Let me know if things progress with the filight stuff. I could pick you up in Columbus.

I'm all by myself on my boat this year. So there is plenty of room man. Let me know if things progress with the filight stuff. I could pick you up in Columbus.

For sure man, if it actually happens I'll let you know. It's a slim chance at this point...

Michael

I am only repeating what I read somewhere and have no first hand experience with axis, but does the swim platform on the axis mess with the surf wake?

Good question on swim platform, plan on finding out this weekend as I finally have all the sacs in for my A22. Two 750 in the back now and front just in. Planned on taking one of the 750's out of the back and putting it on the side we're surfing on. Then take off the platform and see if there is any difference. Will throw up a pic or two if there is.

Good question on swim platform, plan on finding out this weekend as I finally have all the sacs in for my A22. Two 750 in the back now and front just in. Planned on taking one of the 750's out of the back and putting it on the side we're surfing on. Then take off the platform and see if there is any difference. Will throw up a pic or two if there is.

I have read that on the swim platform as well. Chattwake informed me over on the Axis owners forum that the best surf wave is surf side locker full preferably 750lbs sac on top of factory 200 and front plug n play sac full. Nothing else. Don't fill center and nothing on top of the seats on the surf side. He says this creates a "money wave". He seems to be a wealth of knowledge on the Axis so I trust this should work well. I will be trying it out this weekend. I was putting all kinds of weight on the seats and it made the wave horrible.

• 3 weeks later...

I have read that on the swim platform as well. Chattwake informed me over on the Axis owners forum that the best surf wave is surf side locker full preferably 750lbs sac on top of factory 200 and front plug n play sac full. Nothing else. Don't fill center and nothing on top of the seats on the surf side. He says this creates a "money wave". He seems to be a wealth of knowledge on the Axis so I trust this should work well. I will be trying it out this weekend. I was putting all kinds of weight on the seats and it made the wave horrible.

With the additional weight did you try and pick up the speed a bit. I found on my VTX that with additonal weight I had to pick the speed up or the wake was crap. I think the hulls are somewhat similar? I run at 10.6 goofy and 10.4 regular with full factory - minus non surf side plus 750 rear, 400 seat surf side plus 400 surf side front and wedge fully deployed. The Axis has the floating wedge I think...does it mess up the wake or can you lock it so it sits fully deployed?

With the additional weight did you try and pick up the speed a bit. I found on my VTX that with additonal weight I had to pick the speed up or the wake was crap. I think the hulls are somewhat similar? I run at 10.6 goofy and 10.4 regular with full factory - minus non surf side plus 750 rear, 400 seat surf side plus 400 surf side front and wedge fully deployed. The Axis has the floating wedge I think...does it mess up the wake or can you lock it so it sits fully deployed?

The wedge seems to screw up the wave, never got a chance to take off the swim platform. Seems we've gotten the best wave with a 750 plus all the people in the neighborhood on the surf side and front full. Most of the time the wave seems to be a little steeper with the center tank full as well. Need to fill one sack or tank at a time to find out. Just blew out my knee landing in the flats with the wake board so no anything for a bit. Think it's just a good sprain but might get an MRI if it keeps giving out.

Michael

Ya I'll dial that BIOTCH in! If I ever see ya again!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: 2 more weeks buddy, 2 more weeks.

The wedge seems to screw up the wave, never got a chance to take off the swim platform. Seems we've gotten the best wave with a 750 plus all the people in the neighborhood on the surf side and front full. Most of the time the wave seems to be a little steeper with the center tank full as well. Need to fill one sack or tank at a time to find out. Just blew out my knee landing in the flats with the wake board so no anything for a bit. Think it's just a good sprain but might get an MRI if it keeps giving out.

Interesting cause most of us with the auto wedge run with it fully deployed. If I ran max wedge my wave would suck. Prehaps the floating wedge is the issue. When I spoke with Adam @ the show he did not mention any surf issues with the floating wedge. In fact he spoke quite highly of it.

Interesting cause most of us with the auto wedge run with it fully deployed. If I ran max wedge my wave would suck. Prehaps the floating wedge is the issue. When I spoke with Adam @ the show he did not mention any surf issues with the floating wedge. In fact he spoke quite highly of it.

Might be the difference between the A22 vs A20 vs everything else. Chattawake also RX's no wedge?

Or I should say the wedge helps when you have the stock system filled up but after you add a 750 to the back and PNP sack up front then the wedge doesn't help.

Edited by tankdc