Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ski Pylon Deflection

pkenney

I was watching my ski pylon the other night. My friend was pulling another friend through the course .The ski pylon seemed to be flexing more than I remember ever seeing before. Does the floor help support the pylon? It seams the hole in the floor is slightly over size.

Edited by pkenney

The floor on my boat does not support the pylon at all. The 8 lag bolts mounting the pylon to the stringers does.

Look up under from the motorside with the doghouse up and have someone one pull/push on the pylon. You can also unscrew the floor panel and slide it up over the pylon to access the mount (at least that is how mine is accessed).

Edited by Shine