Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transmission Cooler

I have been noticing the engine temp rising at idle. Following the various threads, I pulled the hoses off the transmission cooler and extracted some impeller fragments.

Here is a photo of most of the frag

IMG_5221.jpg

I will replace the impeller and flush all of the hoses back from the trans cooler

First Q: Do I need to look elsewhere for the impeller fragments? The stuff I recovered does not appear to be from this or the previous impeller.

Second Q: The lower end of the transmission cooler looks like this:

IMG_5220.jpg

Is this the normal shape or was it crushed?

If crushed, should I try to straightend it or just order a new one?

I have a skiier and I didn't look at mine that closely when removing my fragments but that definitely looks bent in to me. If it doesn't leak I personally would just not worry about it, I can't see that hurting flow enough to cause you to overheat.

Someone over cranked a hose clamp on you which is why your cooler has the D-shape.

Good news is the metal is soft and you can bend it back easily.

-Chris

Someone over cranked a hose clamp on you which is why your cooler has the D-shape.

-Chris

thanks for the Good News, I bent it back some, it doesn't leak, so I will give see how it goes

-Chris

This is the correct answer.

Do not go crazy tightening those hose clamps.