Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

3 Blade VS 4 Blade prop

Klondike

Right now I am running the stock prop (3 blade 13x12.625 I think) on a 2007 Response lxi SE... Has anyone made the jump over to a 4 blade of the same size and experienced any wake differences? The reason I ask is my brother had a 98 sportster and the wake was rock solid at 34mph and a fairly large rooster a 22' off, once we changed that prop from a 3 to a 4 it was very much improved on that boat. I do not recall if the pitch/size changed. Before I go out and spend a few bucks just want to see if anyone else has noticed any differences in the wake at different speeds and line lengths. The boat performance itself is fine, no issues there... Thanks in advance for input

jkendallmsce

Right now I am running the stock prop (3 blade 13x12.625 I think) on a 2007 Response lxi SE... Has anyone made the jump over to a 4 blade of the same size and experienced any wake differences? The reason I ask is my brother had a 98 sportster and the wake was rock solid at 34mph and a fairly large rooster a 22' off, once we changed that prop from a 3 to a 4 it was very much improved on that boat. I do not recall if the pitch/size changed. Before I go out and spend a few bucks just want to see if anyone else has noticed any differences in the wake at different speeds and line lengths. The boat performance itself is fine, no issues there... Thanks in advance for input

Experinced the same. Going to a 4 blade, made the wake softer. Although you'll see an increase of 100-200 rpm to maintain 34 mph.

Look on ski-it-again as there are quite a few used props on the site. Just take a look at your brother's prop, and it'll tell ya what size/model it is.

... my switch to 4-blade SS on my 22' Larson I/O gave me faster hole shot & slightly less top speed - minimal change to wake - not sure if effect same on our Bu's :whistle:

I put a SS 4 blade on one of my V drives and yes it softened the wake but don't think the shape changed. It did not and I doubt it would do anything to they roster.

The one thing that has changed in the last years is the new CNC props can have more prop face then the 4 blades so the 4 blades don't have the same advantage

today as they once had.

I also now stay away from SS as I would rather replace a prop than a trany or shaft. We have a fair amount of junk in our lake at times.