Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

extension ski pole

92skier

On my skier I have a what use to be blue wakeboard extension pole. I got my new wakeboard rack in today and it is black. Before I put it on the pole, I was thinking about painting the pole to bring it back to life. I was going to go black. Any particular type of paint I need to use that would look good and hold up better than others? I am trying to take the cheap route and not take it somewhere to have it powdercoated. Should I go shiny or dull? Thanks in advance.

Edited by 92skier

If you have a day to mess with it, get a can of gasket remover and take off the blue powder coat and then polish it. Rockon.gif

Check out this thread. (page 7 is polishing, page 5 is the stripping)

and this one.

Yea , saw that the other day and thought about this. It may be the way I go.

I would think any outdoor spray paint would work. Will it be in salt water? As for shiny or dull, what's the rack?

No salt water. The rack has a dull finish.