Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer issue

pablo

I have an 08 extreme tandem trailer. The rear tire on one side isI up off the ground by an inch or so. It is also somewhat difficult to back up. It feels like the brakes are locked. Any idea what might be causing it to sit off the ground up into the fender. It's been sitting all winter and just noticed it today.

I have an 08 extreme tandem trailer. The rear tire on one side isI up off the ground by an inch or so. It is also somewhat difficult to back up. It feels like the brakes are locked. Any idea what might be causing it to sit off the ground up into the fender. It's been sitting all winter and just noticed it today.

Sounds like you have had an axle failure, time to replace the axle.

On the brakes you need to make sure you are getting reverse light power to your brake lockout solenoid and if you are then check the solenoid itself.

Terry

Sounds like you have had an axle failure, time to replace the axle.

On the brakes you need to make sure you are getting reverse light power to your brake lockout solenoid and if you are then check the solenoid itself.

Terry

I just did a search on thi topic and found one of your posts on this back last year.

It looks like the tire Is just slightly off the ground maybe only1/4 inch. The tire feels completely locked in place. I can't rotate it or move it at all. The axle itself looks fine too me but the torsion bar looks like it's slipped in position to where the other three are located. Could I possibly just need to purchase a few parts or would you think I need an entire new axle.

I'll try calling dealer and extreme tomorrow.

Thanks

if you go to the extreme sight on the WWW they do reply pretty quickly - I was pleasantly surprised - my issue is the hub and they just informed me that they mailed a new one to me... FWIW