Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best barefoot prop

EagleRiverMike

My 2001 Response LX is still runing the original 3 blade SS prop. I think it would be smart to swap it out before it throws a blade. I am at see level and foot and slalom. My kids wakebaord, kneeboard and tube. My kids are beginners and we never weight the boat. Barefoot speed is 38 - 40 and I ski at 34. What would be the best prop? Will the table smooth out a little with the new CNC props? Thanks,

You may want to call ACME. They will give you a good recommendation. I called them and they were very helpful to me with the same issue on an SLX. If I'm not mistaken, the CNC will soften your table a bit. I have not yet ordered my prop (CFO says I have spent too much on the boat this year but I will sneak on in somehow) but plan to follow ACME's recommendation.

My 2001 Response LX is still runing the original 3 blade SS prop. I think it would be smart to swap it out before it throws a blade. I am at see level and foot and slalom. My kids wakebaord, kneeboard and tube. My kids are beginners and we never weight the boat. Barefoot speed is 38 - 40 and I ski at 34. What would be the best prop? Will the table smooth out a little with the new CNC props? Thanks,

I'd say 13x12 or 13x12 5/8. I have a 13x12 on my 98 response and it is a cannon and gets plenty of top end

I have an OJ 3 blade XMP 13X11.5 on my Fuel injected 97 Echelon. The acceleration is great for footing and I get a full RPM range, about 5100 RPM at 47MPH WOT

i had the same prop and have switched to the acme 13x11.5 and it's great---for wakeboarding. for 'footing, wouldn't you want the boat to be running lower rpms at higher speeds? a 13x13.5 would be a better, no?