Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MMDC - Dash Gauge

rbell14

I purchased a '01 Sunsetter LXI that has the Malibu Message Data Center (MMDC) gauge. In reading the owners manual it talks about having accutrac 2000 or Pro 2000 or cruise 2000. How do I know if I actually have a cruise system on this boat. I thought most perfect pass systems have a GPS antenna puck mounted on the dash.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the manual be is sounds like the cruise 2000 is part of the base package with MMDC? Any assistance would be great!

I purchased a '01 Sunsetter LXI that has the Malibu Message Data Center (MMDC) gauge. In reading the owners manual it talks about having accutrac 2000 or Pro 2000 or cruise 2000. How do I know if I actually have a cruise system on this boat. I thought most perfect pass systems have a GPS antenna puck mounted on the dash.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the manual be is sounds like the cruise 2000 is part of the base package with MMDC? Any assistance would be great!

my g/f at the time (now wife) had a 2001 with that gauge but did not have accuski built in. it was not GPS-controlled even on the models that did.

had and '01 SSVLX with the same gauge....you ain't got cruise with that gauge....sorry

had and '01 SSVLX with the same gauge....you ain't got cruise with that gauge....sorry

Cervelo is confused. If the gauge you have is MSCAN, the four line six button gauge, you could have integrated speed control, some boats did. I (we) didn't, so I don't know what to look for, but I would expect that in one of the menus you would have a speed control option. The accuski interface was almost exactly like that MSCAN which is why it integrated so well. I think the best way to determine is to look at your throttle linkages on the engine. If you see a mechanical device that could control the throttle cable without input from the helm, you probably have it. MDC is a electrical component under the dash. did you mean MSCAN as in page 13 here:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/images/files/2001_brochure.pdf

Either way, the system, if you have it, was not GPS-based.