Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesetter 247 LSV

dr.b

can anyone give me an idea of how different the 21 wakeseter is from the WS 247, esp the handleing, towing, launching, etc.

don't know about the 21 but i went from a 19' supra direct drive to the 247lsv, the 247 handles great just about as easy to drive just a little tougher in tight dock areas by the launch I go to a lot cause its tight and you have to get turned around right as you get off the trailer. no harder to tow just a longer trailer so you need a little more room when you getting it turned around. but it is all by far worth the little extra room needed when in tight spots for all the extra room you get inside the boat.

Dude, I stood next to a 247 one time. They are HUGE...

i know what you mean! the extra 2 feet difference from the 23 to the 247 really make a big difference.

The only time you will notice how big the boat is when your around the dock. The boat drives great and has a lot of room.

2nd that Shawn - that extra 2 ft is really noticeable around the dock - takes a bit longer to turn her - and she sticks out of her lift/slip about 2 ft !!! :whistle:

... 14 hrs on her & counting! :thumbup:

Edited by NuBuGuy2011

I have a 247 its our first boat drives great. towes fine I was use to a 30' RV so no big deal like everyone said when you are turning around to launch it you need to make sure you have the room the trailer is about 30'. First time boat owner it was a bit to get use to but I love it. If you are use to how they handle you will have no problem. Around the dock just make sure you have the room again. i had a GMC diesel wife did not like the ride now we have 3/4 ton yukon still pulls it fine but like the truck better. Just make sure you have the right truck so many people try to use a vehicle to small to tow with. The room in the boat is great also 10 people in it no problem and still lots of room. It is a great boat.

thanks to everyone for the input, I am really looking forward to taking her out on Lake Tahoe this summer. I cannot believe all the upgraded features the 2011 Wakesetter 247 LSV has over my 2007 21' Wakesetter. I no longer have to pack and carry my two inflatable water tanks, the stereo is no longer inconvenient to operate and most importantly the extra ROOM...

I was really surprised how well mine handles. I had never even seen one when I bought mine sight unseen. I will say it is heavy to trailer but on the water feels nimble at speed and it is HUGE

I tow mine with a 2010 Tundra with the 5.7 and it tows great, I can maintain 70-80mph no issues and without tons of tranny shifting and still get around 9mpg at those speeds. It is roughly 6000lbs with trailer or so.

In the water it is fine. however, when you sac it out with 4000lbs to wakesurf it is like turning a freight train. Understand with swim platform you are at around 27ft long in the water. And yes, it is huge and I love the boat.

I tow mine with a 2010 Tundra with the 5.7 and it tows great, I can maintain 70-80mph no issues and without tons of tranny shifting and still get around 9mpg at those speeds. It is roughly 6000lbs with trailer or so.

In the water it is fine. however, when you sac it out with 4000lbs to wakesurf it is like turning a freight train. Understand with swim platform you are at around 27ft long in the water. And yes, it is huge and I love the boat.

is that 6000lbs with or with out all your extra passengers on the back :) thanks for the input.. picking mine up today !!!

I trailer mine w/ a 2005 Durango Limited w/ the 5.7L Hemi - no issues & tracks just a little wider than the D on turns. My 1st Bu but am used to heavier boats - always have had deep-V 22-24ft I/O's before @ 2500-3500# dry.

Congrats & best of luck w/ your new Bu! She's a beaut & great fun in the water - 14hrs on mine so far! :thumbup:

is that 6000lbs with or with out all your extra passengers on the back :) thanks for the input.. picking mine up today !!!

I believe she weighs in @ 4000# dry + weight of trailer + wgt of fuel & toys. :whistle:

We love our 2007 247RX. It is big and heavy on land like they all say but on the water it is awesome. Tons of room for all.Not only the extra length but The extra width is awesome. We had 8 people in it this weekend and had plenty of space for everyone and everything. My friend has your boat and he drove mine for several hours and all he said was wow. He even said it handled the same as his. He was impressed. I am very glad we have the fold away tongue so storage is as tidy as can be. I have only inches to spare on all sides in my parking spot.It is intimidating at first but you will get used to it. Good luck pulling it out of the water on a steep damp ramp with anything two wheel drive.It tries to pull you back into the lake.

Enjoy

TW

i have drove my buddies vtx and in comparison to my 247 it drives and handles just about the same. driving at wakeboarding speeds and picking up downed rider is all the same. at slower speeds like pulling up to a dock it handles a little different, but not worse. my buddy at the beginning of every season still says holy $*&% i forget how big that thing is, and still enjoy 's riding in the limo more than his vtx. the wake on the 247 compared to the vtx is taller more rampy. my personal choice is if you have the room to store it buy the biggest boat you can because its more room for you and your friends and family to enjoy.

Boat handles extremely well. You may want to upgrade your prop to something bigger. Boat is as easy to handle around the dock and trailer as a 23. We tow ours with a Yukon Denali all over texas. I would suggest getting performance rims and tires for your trailer. You will be amazed at the difference in both handling and drag on your tow vehicle. The extra room in the boat is really nice as well.

not to mention the wave is the biggest in wakesuring.

My observation is that the 247 LSV is especially an upgrade for the fellows that were running the 24 foot Sea Ray Sundancers.

However, they especially need to be more careful when running over the Columbia River Bar into the Pacific Ocean. Chilli- Dippin' salt water is a bummer.

The tower on the 247 LSV also works really well with the optional stainless steel fishing rod holder attachment, and you still have space left over to mount your CB Radio Antenna.

Also, the oversized swim step is a great place to strap a big ice / fish chest. A big concern to me is you need to be careful with the gaff and make sure you wipe up any fish blood right away.

The 247 LSV is a great boat and the biggest advantage I see is that once you are done fishin' you can use it occasionally to pull a water skier or an inner tube. Be careful going over the wake.

Good choice and good luck with your new boat.

My observation is that the 247 LSV is especially an upgrade for the fellows that were running the 24 foot Sea Ray Sundancers.

However, they especially need to be more careful when running over the Columbia River Bar into the Pacific Ocean. Chilli- Dippin' salt water is a bummer.

The tower on the 247 LSV also works really well with the optional stainless steel fishing rod holder attachment, and you still have space left over to mount your CB Radio Antenna.

Also, the oversized swim step is a great place to strap a big ice / fish chest. A big concern to me is you need to be careful with the gaff and make sure you wipe up any fish blood right away.

The 247 LSV is a great boat and the biggest advantage I see is that once you are done fishin' you can use it occasionally to pull a water skier or an inner tube. Be careful going over the wake.

Good choice and good luck with your new boat.

classic, you bought a very expensive fishing boat!